i'm totally new to this...and don't know if i'm supposed to ask for this kind of help here....but i'm just putting a server together and don't know how to use the spawner to make things like armor and training weps spawn instantly in my training area. The button on the spawner is green...but nothing happens

I'll try to help as much as I'm able. (also pretty new at this) type [add xmlspawner then click the ground,
double click the spawner on the ground and a gump will come up where you can add all the things to spawn there. The arrows to the left will increase and decrease the values and the box to the right of the text box (where you add the item name)can help you find the exact thing you want to spawn. Hope this helps.

I'll try to help as much as I'm able. (also pretty new at this) type [add xmlspawner then click the ground,
double click the spawner on the ground and a gump will come up where you can add all the things to spawn there. The arrows to the left will increase and decrease the values and the box to the right of the text box (where you add the item name)can help you find the exact thing you want to spawn. Hope this helps.
[doublepost=1529090091][/doublepost]thank you for replying so fast. I have done what you said but nothing happens. The button that says the spawner is live is green...but its not doing anything even when i set one of them to 0 wait state. is there a step by step manual of instructions for "dummies"?

There's one other thing you'll need to do if it's a training room. You'll want instant respawn times so that when someone picks something up, it'll respawn instantly. Doubleclick the spawner again and go to Props at the bottom. Middle column near the top is your spawn time minimum and maximum. This allows you to set an exact respawn time on something or a range that's random.

Just click min time, then choose the bottom arrow on the little window that pops up. This will set the minimum respawn time to instantaneous. Then do the same for max time. That'll give you instant spawn of all your training weapons. ;)

Oh, and if they still don't show up, just play with the buttons at the bottom of the main Props window.

With xmlspawner when you props the spawner, you can set spawnrange to 0 so the item spawns right on top of the spawner. If you are using the default spawner set Homerange 0.

Last edited:
Oops, forgot Spawnrange. I'm having the issue where if I put my spawners on a table, items may respawn *under* the table. I had to set the spawner for the joint I get spawned in my house on the ground! o_O Just as a forewarning for training rooms.

use- [add xmlspawner farmable - add the spawner dbl kilik it then click the arrow(the gold colored one) right after the word farmable on the spawner gump. Another gump should pop up with all the farmables to chose from. When you click one of those it will replace farmable with whatever you pick. I say this because then the spelling is always right for what you are spawning :)

use- [add xmlspawner farmable - add the spawner dbl kilik it then click the arrow(the gold colored one) right after the word farmable on the spawner gump. Another gump should pop up with all the farmables to chose from. When you click one of those it will replace farmable with whatever you pick. I say this because then the spelling is always right for what you are spawning :)
oh...do you mean it will spawn the farms for me? or do i have to do them one at a time?
[doublepost=1529167186][/doublepost]
oh...do you mean it will spawn the farms for me? or do i have to do them one at a time?
what i was actually just looking for were apple trees that u can get apples from. but can't find any
[doublepost=1529167684][/doublepost]I just tried using the farmable spawner...but am i supposed to place a spawner for each individual crop? that might add up to a lot of spawners

Hmmm, not sure about apple trees lol. You had said flax or wheat so I figured you were talking about those. you can put more than one crop on a spawner or a spawner for each. Use the spawn range so they spawn within the Field that you want. You will just be spawning the plant itself, not the farm plot. I hope this all makes some sense LOL.

[doublepost=1529167186][/doublepost]
what i was actually just looking for were apple trees that u can get apples from. but can't find any
[doublepost=1529167684][/doublepost]I just tried using the farmable spawner...but am i supposed to place a spawner for each individual crop? that might add up to a lot of spawners
You can't spawn apple trees that you can pick as far as I know. Easiest way would probably be to use something like pandoras box and add apple trees then spawn apples on the ground near the tree like they fell off the tree for players to pick up.

Apple trees are an addon- the ones which give fruit- so [add appletreeaddon you can also put this on a spawner-but I have never messed with the spawners with giving a different range for each entry -if you can that is :) for items on tables you can also add a piece of carpet on top of the table, add the spawner, be sure to set the range to 0-spawn range is listed on the first page and last page of props for it

For the table and spawner, yes. I know I have more reading to do, just not sure where to start. Going through every tut I can find... :)

For spawning things like arrows, I just clicked them up to 10. Don't want them too high I would imagine, as people would be creating a high number of items for your server to spawn needlessly. Don't forget, players who've spent everything could just go grab stuff like arrows from your training area (especially if it's easy to grab tons), take them to the bowyer, instant profit. Be careful about spawning gobs of stuff of any sort, IMHO.

For spawning things like arrows, I just clicked them up to 10. Don't want them too high I would imagine, as people would be creating a high number of items for your server to spawn needlessly. Don't forget, players who've spent everything could just go grab stuff like arrows from your training area (especially if it's easy to grab tons), take them to the bowyer, instant profit. Be careful about spawning gobs of stuff of any sort, IMHO.
yes that's what i've been doing clicking them up to the number i want...but its only spawning one at a time.

Yes, it seems to only add one things at a time. Don't forget that players will either be picking them up one at a time (meaning they're instantly replaced no matter the number), or they will be [looting them (meaning they could just add [loot one time to the macro without harm).

Either way, this helps keep the item count down on your shard, which would have to be a memory thing I'm sure.

How do i make them spawn in 50 at once? i can't get the carpet on table to work for some reason...arrows are there but not showing

Instead of using "Arrow" in the spawn type use "Arrow, 50". That will spawn a stack of 50. Alternatively you can use props and edit the "Stack amount" to 50.

Back