Dan(Tasanar)

So using [xmlfind I did a search of my internal map.

I see thousands of oil cloths, lock picks, and gold. All map internal 0,0,0. Do these hold a purpose?

Why are they here?

thousands? I don't know why they're there but shouldn't be that many for any reason unless you have a player that's stocking up on oil cloths and lock picks.

The server does a safe auto clean up with start up- with xmlfind do you get a gump where if the item is not internal you can go to it? There use to be a command where you could view items in the internal map -I would be careful with removing stuff :)

but these items are not linked to any player. They are just...in the internal map at 0, 0, 0. Not on a player, not attached to anything, just...there.
[doublepost=1481164973][/doublepost]there were also a bunch of monsters
[doublepost=1481165057][/doublepost]ServUO no edits, been running my shard for about a year type in [xmlfind

with the gump only select internal, no names or anything. and click "hide valid internal"

I get a bunch of random shit. gold, world maps, lock picks, addon components ect.
[doublepost=1481165156][/doublepost]also a bunch of items called "reward"

when I props it, it shows and does nothing.

I basically want to know about this "useless" internal stuff that fills a server with no edits (just updates), after a year.

Perhaps a trash barrel throws stuffs to internal, or removed things ending up on the save file for years, items on the ground going to internal or whatever.
I recall seeing the save files being saving things and not letting them go even after complete deletion, i'm not sure how deep i went into the subject.

It seems things like; storage keys/pet carriers, also store things internally. Removing a storage item from your server will orphan all the items all the players were storing on theirs too.

Cleanup should get rid of those items whenever you reboot your shard, so don't worry too much about the bulk of them.

In a lot of cases, internal items are simply the cause of code that doesn't do anything with an item after it has been created.

Take for example this snippet:
Code:
public override void OnDeath( Container c )
{
    base.OnDeath( c );

var item = new Longsword( );

c.TryDropItem( item ); 
}

TryDropItem has a chance to fail, so nothing actually gets done with the item.
Because it's not checked for failure and doesn't explicitly delete the item, that item will stay on the Internal map at 0,0,0
The above is purely an example scenario and is unlikely to be in any actual code you have.

In the case of Oil Cloths, Lockpicks, etc, I would search the entire code base to see where those items are used and created.
It sounds like a big job, but there probably aren't very many places referencing OilCloths in the code, so once you can identify these references, you can identify why the items are ending up on the Internal map.

Thanks!

Yeah I do not use any customs like storage keys ect. Was just curious when going through it. A ton of addon components, medusa alter, WorldMap, OilCloth, Lockpick, monsters, (slime, snake, ect, seem the most) and was wondering why. This is the end result of running a shard simply on ServUO for a year.

The two internal items I'm curious about are called MountItem and SaveItemPack. I currently have 7000+ pages of internal items, I check this regularly to see if anything seems off,and those two items are the only new items I've not noticed before.

Also, is there a wildcard in [global interface? Something along the lines of [global interface where *wildcard*tierIII*wildcard* could be used? It would then show me everything with TierIII in it?

The two internal items I'm curious about are called MountItem and SaveItemPack. I currently have 7000+ pages of internal items, I check this regularly to see if anything seems off,and those two items are the only new items I've not noticed before.

Also, is there a wildcard in [global interface? Something along the lines of [global interface where *wildcard*tierIII*wildcard* could be used? It would then show me everything with TierIII in it?
Did you ever fixed this? I have this issue

Back