ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Mondain's Legacy
I really want to get into this and I've looked at the scripts in notepad.

However, when I try to make a change and save the file as a completely different file and place it in my custom folder, nothing happens. ServUO doesn't even recognize it.

Specifically, I wanted to make a militia fighter script where it would spawn a basic warrior that would aggro on mobs, kind of how I did it back in the RunUO days.

I opened the militiacannoneer.cs file and attempted to edit the properties (changed the name, the items he wore, etc) and saved it into my custom folder with a new name and its not showing up when I restart the server. So i'm at a loss.

Thanks in advance!

Depending on which ServUO version you are running, you may need to do the \Compile.WIN - Release.bat or Debug in the root of the ServUO folder for any changes to actually be read. I believe the latest version requires this but Pub 54 still re-loads scripts on restart unless edit is within the \Server folder.

For scripting help, I would recommend the Tutorials section of the forums, something like this as well located in there - Learning General Programming And C#

Back