We are updating our fork of ultima adventures too, although we are not djeryv we've made some pretty heavy changes to the game and we actually want people to contribute to the development... open source like it's supposed to be. go ahead and participate, post improvements and systems or join the 24/7 server we have running, it has everything Odyssey has and then some.

Can't find it anymore and it seems Djeryv's also gone. Or maybe it's just me. Anyone know anything?
Djeryv passed on developement to another long time player from the old RunUO and Wolfpack days and part of their stipulation was to remove it from other sites because this individual doesn't socially network on emulation sites since RunUO's site went down years ago. Djeryv gave him every last thing he had, including tons of notes of things Djeryv never got around to. Even if this guy implements half of those notes it would be quite impressive. Djeryv said this guy already got rid of all of the compilation warning and errors from the code and scripts. This guy is supposed to throw up a dummy website soon to get the files from as he works on them. I new something was amiss after reading that last changelog. Now I am just waiting. There is also the Candy Land option.

Yes, thanks for the update. I'm one of those that didn't see the need to change what Djeryv created into a play land by individuals that self describe as non-coders and can't wait to see what develops. Since you seem to have your ear to the ground, make sure to keep us in the loop.

Sometimes the happenings on this site are baffling to me.

People are always deleting things they had contributed in the past, out of protest or spite or whatever drives them to do such a selfish act.

BTW, I've also been tinkering with emulators since Lonewolf. I still don't consider myself a coder even though I've pulled off some pretty technical feats in the past. Nobody starts out as an expert; they get there with the determination to take what they have and turn it into what they want it to be.

I would wager to say that almost every shard that goes live is a reflection of what that person thinks is the best approach to the game. People who agree with them will play the shard and others will not. Isn't the freedom of choice wonderful?!

It is, and I hate to see so much drama and bashing around a game we all love lol. Honestly, when I first discovered Odyssey it seemed like a great way to escape the drama that happens so frequently around online shards. I hope I am still right lol. Thanks Djeryvs for all the contributions, again I am really happy playing and managing my server

Sometimes the happenings on this site are baffling to me.

People are always deleting things they had contributed in the past, out of protest or spite or whatever drives them to do such a selfish act.

BTW, I've also been tinkering with emulators since Lonewolf. I still don't consider myself a coder even though I've pulled off some pretty technical feats in the past. Nobody starts out as an expert; they get there with the determination to take what they have and turn it into what they want it to be.

I would wager to say that almost every shard that goes live is a reflection of what that person thinks is the best approach to the game. People who agree with them will play the shard and others will not. Isn't the freedom of choice wonderful?!

well said - often it just boils down to a few bad apples really - one told me i needed to go back to school to learn math and other personal attacks on my (lack of) skills. baffles me that we are all mature adults yet some people revert to grade school-like behavior.

That being said, i've learn tons doing this, and with enough time anyone will be as knowledgable as anyone else here. It's a learning journey and one that i'm happy to say, i've been able to share with some amazing people.

:D

Sometimes the happenings on this site are baffling to me.People are always deleting things they had contributed in the past, out of protest or spite or whatever drives them to do such a selfish act.
Isn't the freedom of choice wonderful?!
What a nice couple of contradictary statements. It was the creator's choice to remove the content from this site as the one they are passing development to doesn't come to this website to handle any issues with Ultima Odyssey. So the new developer asked if it could be removed so he could continue the work in their particular space on the Internet. Just like when a contributor decides to charge money for their work and others do not. Freedom of choices. This site lets you delete your content, and contributors are free to do so. Besides. It isn't gone. It is just being moved to someone else.

And it was probably bad math skills that caused one to say Odyssey is broken when it clearly wasn't. Try to get the story straight and double check your work like they would teach us in grade school. There is nothing better than a new player reading these "Odyssey is broken and Candy Land is fixed" statements to steer a newcomer to wonder how broke something really is.

And if people were keeping up with the game, then you have your own copy and it wasn't deleted off your hard drives so quit bitching about it being removed.

Last edited:
Is it just me or did Djeryv pull Odyssey down again? I can't seem to find it in resources or in the discussion threads.

I stumbled upon Djeryv's Ultima Odyssey a couple weeks ago, long after my interest in Ultima Online had waned (I first logged into UO in late 1997 and played many years, official and player-run shards). I have been playing Odyssey every chance I get, and telling anyone who'll listen.

I've always wondered if someone out there had done what Djeryv has done. For many years I dreamed of something exactly like Ultima Odyssey. (Introverts unite! No offense Finaltwist.) An authentic-feeling single-player Ultima experience, with quests and tons of well-crafted content, delivered via UO's assets.

This was seriously near the top of my nerd bucket list. I tried to create something like Odyssey, but was demoralized when I lost much of my work after two years. But to be honest, I couldn't have outdone Djeryv; and I have no regrets, because every new thing I discover in Odyssey will be a surprise.

Ultima (and UO in a sense) feels new to me again for the first time in many years. Odyssey is, for lack of a better word, beautiful. I had been reading some of Djeryv's thread and updates before every play session, and I'm not gonna lie, I felt a massive punch to my gut when I logged in this morning and saw it all disappeared. I can't be mad that he's doing what he wants to do with his work, but I'm sad that information has disappeared that would have improved my experience (as well as a place just to possibly talk about Odyssey). For his own sake, I hope Djeryv's gain in doing this is a positive gain for him and worth the cost. I can't say what that cost is, but it includes a stranger's sadness.

I'm far more grateful for Djeryv than I am disappointed by him. I'm immensely glad I slid in at the last moment and that I can continue to discover Odyssey.

I stumbled upon Djeryv's Ultima Odyssey a couple weeks ago, long after my interest in Ultima Online had waned (I first logged into UO in late 1997 and played many years, official and player-run shards). I have been playing Odyssey every chance I get, and telling anyone who'll listen.

I've always wondered if someone out there had done what Djeryv has done. For many years I dreamed of something exactly like Ultima Odyssey. (Introverts unite! No offense Finaltwist.) An authentic-feeling single-player Ultima experience, with quests and tons of well-crafted content, delivered via UO's assets.

This was seriously near the top of my nerd bucket list. I tried to create something like Odyssey, but was demoralized when I lost much of my work after two years. But to be honest, I couldn't have outdone Djeryv; and I have no regrets, because every new thing I discover in Odyssey will be a surprise.

Ultima (and UO in a sense) feels new to me again for the first time in many years. Odyssey is, for lack of a better word, beautiful. I had been reading some of Djeryv's thread and updates before every play session, and I'm not gonna lie, I felt a massive punch to my gut when I logged in this morning and saw it all disappeared. I can't be mad that he's doing what he wants to do with his work, but I'm sad that information has disappeared that would have improved my experience (as well as a place just to possibly talk about Odyssey). For his own sake, I hope Djeryv's gain in doing this is a positive gain for him and worth the cost. I can't say what that cost is, but it includes a stranger's sadness.

I'm far more grateful for Djeryv than I am disappointed by him. I'm immensely glad I slid in at the last moment and that I can continue to discover Odyssey.

Couldn't have said it any better.

no offence taken my friend! UA is a very different game by now with very different game mechanics and systems, based on odyssey's content. to each their own!

I read through your information for Ultima Adventures the same night I found Odyssey, and my brain went, "Wow OK, this is the sequel after I wear out Odyssey." So there's that at least. :)

Forgot to add, Odyssey is my first experience with the Classic UO client and great googly moogly where has she been all my life???

UA has the savegame from the server so the world is populated with homes/players etc. if you want an empty world, go odyssey. Adventures is more ultima online-like
Post automatically merged:

anyways, im sad djeryv opted to remove the resource, whatever his reasons are. means new players won't be able to appreciate the work going forward. i hope he puts it backm, even if it doesn't work on it anymore.

Aye, the one part of this that niggles at my gamer conscience is when I think about big publishers who invest our hearts in online games, and then tear it all down as soon as it benefits them to move on. Is it their right to do so? Yes. Does that make it awesome to do so? It's a gut punch to see an individual follow that example. Games like Wurm Online, Perpetuum, Mytheon, and Legends of Aria show that publishers can leave their work behind whilst they move on. While I can continue to play Odyssey, imagine if all of Tolkien's work had been deleted from store shelves the moment he was ready to move on from Middle Earth. It would not have been an improvement on our world, and the world will be dimmer without Odyssey's continued accessibility.

I would maybe argue that if one can't leave their creation in the world for its continued benefit, they haven't truly separated themselves from it, they've just found a different way to keep it. I'm not sure if that can genuinely be the same thing as moving on.

Is it just me or did Djeryv pull Odyssey down again? I can't seem to find it in resources or in the discussion threads.
Its still around. I didn't take the virtual ball and go home. I also insensitively forgot to post some sort of "see ya later" message here. Someone reached out to me as they saw I haven't done much with it in awhile and asked about moving it on the site where it all started and they were just looking for a way to preserve it there. Their username is hilarious, or flattering...I am not sure which. I think they are just trying to build a community again and it was neat to go back and see all of the stuff I made back then and how shitty of a coder I was on some things. I even rebranded it to something I much preferred since the name I gave it was just too much of an Ultima X relation that it was confusing. I redid the manual a bit and removed much of my commentary and added stuff about advanced networking issues near the back since there was a couple of issues that popped up in the past that warranted some detailed explanation for those rare moments. Anyway...unlike the rest of you folks, I am in my late 40s and the kids have either moved on or are soon to move on. We decided to buy a smaller home and work toward retirement. I just picked up some new hobbies is all and my UO coding is falling out of date. Where most of you tell stories of playing UO in your teen years, we were in our 20s deciding whether to get drunk at the bar or go to Despise for some adventure. I still play the game and after we moved into our new home I setup a public server again for my gaming buddies who are also the same age. The last things I did, that I can recall was added some new graphics for some things and fixed a couple of small bugs. Did a couple of map tweaks of decorations that bothered me. I guess that's it.

Djeryv, please don't take anything of this as being anything negative at all. I am grateful for all your work on Odyssey and fully support (not that you need support) stepping back to enjoy the rest of good things in life. I know there has been a rash a people commenting on Odyssey and wanting to change it to include things you very purposely took out in the name of game play and that gets old. I didn't create it and I get tired of it. As for age, well, I'm in my late 50's so I understand that whole scaling back plan. I was just asking because I looked for the download since I finally decided to upgrade from a version from last summer and couldn't find it...

Found it under the new name over where it started. Got to say I kinda like the new name.

Last edited:
No worries from me or about comments made here today. Just wanted to let you folks know what was up. You can get it at the other place and it is exactly as I am leaving it. Still like the game. In fact I am waiting for poison to wear off while I type this.

Thanks, like I said, after reading your post above, I went straight to that other place and actually found it moments before you told me where it get it. Good luck with everything that comes your way Djeryv. It's been good to have known you!

I got my copy in June (here). Is that still current? Or is it time to go look for a new version? (and if anyone said where 'the new place' is... I cannot find the post)

(⬆️ According to Google the above post roughly translates as "Many of us here like Odyssey, thank you Djeryv for your dedication!")

Glad to see our worst fears are abated. I streamed Odyssey to a few friends on Discord and they're interested (well Ruins & Riches now). They never played Ultima or UO but we play other sandbox games together like Stardew Valley and Project 5: Sightseer, and they were pretty much drooling over all the various crafting systems.

Thank you @Djeryv Odyssey/Ruins & Riches is everything I wanted and I wish you luck in future endeavors. I'm still sad all the discussion and patch notes are gone because people who had your thread bookmarked and don't find this thread will likely just think your project vanished; but I'm glad that people will be able to continue discovering and enjoying such a worthwhile creation. :)

Don't worry - it'll get moved back over here when RunUO disappears again. It may be the original and all, but they walked away from it and let it disappear so the last thing I would ever do now is reward them for doing so. Without ServUO the emu community would be a LOT thinner today!

They joined the kickstart movement when it seemed anyone with a rough draft of a game could get big money Ie: Richard garriotts SoA game he abandoned once the cash quit flowing .

It took like 3 xtra years to get the donor rewards and it was one of the poor developer's using his wife's postmate account to send them .

Hope they really do stick this time but not holding my breath everyone needs cash butttt ....

Does anybody have the last uploaded files so i can set up an ultima odyssey server? ive been scouring the net and cant find them anymore. had it perfectly set up for me my wife and kids, and due to the careless formatting of my pc its gone. were kinda devastated. or a decent alternative? dont fancy the prospect of trying to build something like that from scratch?

Back