I'm not sure if this would be clasified as an issue or not as I do not believe it affects any OSI based features. However I'm trying to use a merc script, and when the merc died it isn't being flagged as dead. This is an issue if I want to use a resurrect spell on it as the res spell checks if alive.

I tested this with other bonded creatures and they also do not get flagged as not alive in the mobile portion of their props.

Any idea on how this can be modified in the core to flag basecreatures properly when dieing? i did try an over ride but it seems the alive prop is protected.

So the merc is being handled as a dead bonded pet?

If so in the Res spell,

else if (m.Alive)
{
this.Caster.SendLocalizedMessage(501041); // Target is not dead.
}

replace with something like..

else if (m.Alive && (!m.IsDeadBondedPet && (!(m is Mercenary))))
{
this.Caster.SendLocalizedMessage(501041); // Target is not dead.
}

Mercenary would be whatever type name it uses, without the source for it I just guessed..
You would need to include using Server.Mobiles (or whatever contains Mercenary)

Hard to test without code, but if you try and there is an issue, we can resolve it..
[doublepost=1469480618][/doublepost]Note: You'll have to bypass sending the gump at the end and go straight to the resurrection..
[doublepost=1469480768][/doublepost]So after re-readin your post.. if you wanted DeadPets and Mercs to both be rezzed.. it would need to be slightly different, but the jist of it should be here..

Last edited:
Sorry for the late Reply, it's been a long night. But yes, that above code put me in the right direction. Thank you :)

Back