ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Stygian Abyss
Hey,
Does anyone know of a good animated GIF creator?
White Outline.jpg
The problem is that the background is white...but it's also set as the transparent. I'm not wanting to fix these one frame at a time because there are hundreds to go through ...not to mention the other mobiles I have like this. I have 3 others from the one who made the unicorn and probably 12 others by the one who made the Fox. Unless I find a quicker way to do this, I'm thinking I'll be stuck pulling them into Paintshop Pro (where I think it gives the transparent a black background or at least I can change it to black), changing the type to BMP (from PNG so it doesn't have the transparent color), change the black to white and send them back to my GIF creator. I think I'd need to switch them back to PNG and pick the transparent color again....but I'm not 100% sure about that.

This is some of what mobile creators/converters have to go through.

I'm hoping someone knows of another GIF creator which can be more accommodating.

Thanks!

I will answer the question with a question, I ask myself any time I port something into UO. How much do you want it? -> Frame by frame. = Love. Start with 10 frames take a break. Then do some more when you feel like it. But, when I really want something I do it pixel by pixel till I get it.
1679721364386.png
Also play with tolerances with selection tool

Last edited:
can you attach a test file? i am fairly certain this can be accomplished in photoshop pretty quick. ill test it out if you can attach something for me to work with.

How much do you want it? -> Frame by frame. = Love.
Well, fortunately, only 4 of these mobs are in the love category.

can you attach a test file?
I'll attach several. They look great on a webpage. And as an animated GIF. It's not until UO gets a hold of them and its inability to handle transparent graphics like everything else does, that it becomes an issue. And it's not like there weren't transparent or partial graphics in the 90's.

00000.png00000.png00000.pngIdle_Body_225_0001.png

Well, I attached the PNGs because those were the original format. They have a few advantages to using them over the GIFs.
But here's a GIF.
Idle.gif
Here's a link to the site where I grabbed it.
itch.io
Apparently you can download it for free? But the other 3 were purchased and included a usage license (or however that works).

welp, i am now 100% certain i was wrong. after downloading the files from the site itself, i see what you mean - they all have that 1-2px semi-transparent border around them.

Okay. Found the solution.
GM Unicorn.jpg
Seems that I DID need to redo the whole thing.
I used PhotoScape to make my animated GIFs. Gave them a black background.
Then pulled them into Easy GIF Animator Link where I turned the black background transparent.
Then just normal Mob construction in UOFiddler.

It would be nice if ONE gif animator could do all this in one shot...but that's life, I guess.

where did you get the wolf and unicorn? I really like those
Super Game Asset.
Those WEREN'T free and include a bit of a licensing agreement stating that I can't just distribute them without them being attached to a game....which I believe means that if I had a server and if those assets were in my custom client, I could distribute them to all the players....
That is if I understood the agreement correctly.
I believe that's how all the paid game asset sites work.

Back