Hey guys, I have a pretty old server of mine I'm trying to revive, it runs with no issue and I've had a few friends on but it is so outdated I feel its time to breath some new life into it.. I can't find any information about updating from runuo 2.0 rc1 to any other version "newest being 2.7" and I already tried pushing my scripts over to Servuo but 90% of them have script errors and it would take forever to clean it all up.. I have years and years worth of work and custom wrote scripts.. not sure what to do.

Hey guys, I have a pretty old server of mine I'm trying to revive, it runs with no issue and I've had a few friends on but it is so outdated I feel its time to breath some new life into it.. I can't find any information about updating from runuo 2.0 rc1 to any other version "newest being 2.7" and I already tried pushing my scripts over to Servuo but 90% of them have script errors and it would take forever to clean it all up.. I have years and years worth of work and custom wrote scripts.. not sure what to do.
Unfortunately, if you want a more upgraded shard, you'll have to bite the bullet and merge your scripts into ServUO. Worry not though, the community is here to help! Just post any errors you're getting, along with scripts if needed ;)

You need to merge all your code to comply with the new core. It will take hours of edits and even longer if little or no knowledge of C++. I couldn't do it on my own either.

C# :)

But I think winmerge could help you, if your custom code is tied right into the runuo core. If they are seperate files it will make it mostly drag and drop (at least on those files)

I tried drag and drop for my mob scripts and it throws tons of errors like:
public override void GetDamageTypes( Mobile wielder, out int phys, out int fire, out int cold, out int pois, out int nrgy )
{
phys = 1;
fire = 0;
pois = 0;
nrgy = 0;
cold = 99;
will throw an error " CS0115: Line 21: 'Server.Items.SilenceStrike.GetDamageTypes(Server.Mobile, out int, out int, out int, out int, out int)': no suitable method found to override"
and public override void OnHit( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender )
also throws errors saying "no suitable method found to override"

-edit sorry not just mob scripts but weapon scripts

there was a change in the core, change Mobile wielder for example to IDamageable, you may need to add in a check if it is a mobile though and then you can cast it back to Mobile.

I tried drag and drop for my mob scripts and it throws tons of errors like:
public override void GetDamageTypes( Mobile wielder, out int phys, out int fire, out int cold, out int pois, out int nrgy )
{
phys = 1;
fire = 0;
pois = 0;
nrgy = 0;
cold = 99;
will throw an error " CS0115: Line 21: 'Server.Items.SilenceStrike.GetDamageTypes(Server.Mobile, out int, out int, out int, out int, out int)': no suitable method found to override"
and public override void OnHit( Mobile attacker, Mobile defender )
also throws errors saying "no suitable method found to override"

-edit sorry not just mob scripts but weapon scripts
That changed with Mondains Legacy. It now has 7 different damage types, added in Chaos & Direct. This is from the ArcticDeathDealer
Code:
        public override void GetDamageTypes(Mobile wielder, out int phys, out int fire, out int cold, out int pois, out int nrgy, out int chaos, out int direct)
        {
            cold = 50;
            phys = 50;

pois = fire = nrgy = chaos = direct = 0;
        }
You would need to make sure all your weapons were set up this way.

Hammerhand is right, that place only added more parameters, my bad. But in some cases you will come across the IDamageable :p

If it took no time at all, it wouldn't be worth it. And it makes for a good learning experience. ;) Plus there are people around here that might help, ya' never know. :D

Well what i've tried so far is beyond compare 4 to merge but it does not really do anything and I mean I can drag and drop the scripts into the folder myself so I do not know what the merge program is even for. What I'm seeing right now is I will have to modify all the weapons to use that specific line of code which I mean is not terrible just time consuming. I wonder if there is anyway to streamline this process

When you use a program like Winmerge, you are comparing two "of the same" files (one on the left, and one on the right). An example would be BaseCreature.cs. You could compare your BaseCreature.cs to the BaseCreature.cs in ServUO (or whatever the core is you're going for). You would then do that for all the "common" files that are throwing errors (BaseCreature, BaseWeapon, PlayerMobile, etc).

When you use a program like Winmerge, you are comparing two "of the same" files (one on the left, and one on the right). An example would be BaseCreature.cs. You could compare your BaseCreature.cs to the BaseCreature.cs in ServUO (or whatever the core is you're going for). You would then do that for all the "common" files that are throwing errors (BaseCreature, BaseWeapon, PlayerMobile, etc).
I guess its just more confusing to me than it should be lol

Back