I seem to remember UO Hybrid working like this. I liked it back with the pre-Shame drop system because magical items were uncommon. This added a mystery to the whole affair. Now you kill a Mongbat and get a 3-prop dagger. It will be interesting to see how this plays with current loot mechanics.

It was linked to the RunUO forum, here is a copy of it. I might spider download ServUO too ;D

-Grim

Attachments

• itemid-mods-rar.10731.rar
    280.5 KB · Views: 50
The odyssey release has a fully updated (similar to this) system with Item ID and even tase id. it sets out a %'age of items that are "unidentified". the system in odyssey works well with AOS items. you may want to adapt from there, though i think there's a distro edit in lootpack etc. it's a complex system.

I used to test this script in 2019. And it turned out that its mechanics generated the properties of the stuff at the time of identification. For example, if the same kryss was identified three times by reload the same world saves again and again, its parameters were different each time. There was also a situation where as a consequence on a low level creature you could get uber stuff and farm like that, for example, mongbats. I don't know if this error has been removed last time but it disqualified this script for me. Stuff properities should be generated when dropping and just stay hidden until their ID.

hmm but maybe anyone have addon to vendors because all of items in vendorshops ( armor / weapon ) are unidentified

Back