I have searched for an answer to this but can't seem to find a solution. I am trying to setup an AOS era server so naturally I wanted to have Uzeraans Turmoil quest etc available. I have been able to get the old haven maps to load so I am in old haven but there is something wrong with the Z settings on the map. Whenever I spawn a creature or try to add an item they appear underground and I don't know why. Is there some kind of offset I need to adjust somewhere or a valid Z check I can add? This seems to happen regardless of the emulator I use. But this is shown using RunUO 2.7.
underground.png

Sounds like your server doesnt know the map as in it has no file for the map you use on the client

When I use the [go command it allows me to select haven and I can run around without a problem. I don't fall through the floor or anything. Only when I spawn an object does it appear underground. I am using a stock installation of UO Gold client 4.0.6a and no custom maps. Wouldn't everything be blacked out if the client didn't see the map?
haven.png
[doublepost=1538481040][/doublepost]Here I am on ServUO. What is strange is the server recognizes both the object created and the player at a Z location of 0 but we are on different levels. So if I teleport to the object I am underground.
serv z.png serv z1.png

Well yes the client has the files else you wouldnt see it, but if the server doesnt see it, it may cause this kind of issue

How would fix that? I was looking at Map.cs in the core and also at the MapDefinition.cs in the scripts and those are where the maps seem to be registered. Is there a size difference in Trammel I need to adjust in MapDefinition.cs to register the map properly? Or is that way off base? Maybe the size IS wrong take a look at this.
size.png

just make sure the datapath is correct really and that it points to the actual map. Then it should be good.

You should be using a separate copy of your installation folder for the server datapath. If you use the same path for the client and server weird things can happen.

You should be using a separate copy of your installation folder for the server datapath. If you use the same path for the client and server weird things can happen.
I have tried it both ways and the result is the same in this case. :(

you may need to change your Expansion to an earlier expansion for it to read maps from such an old client correctly

you may need to change your Expansion to an earlier expansion for it to read maps from such an old client correctly
I have tried this on as early as expansion.none and I was still getting the same thing. :/ This happens if I am using my server which is a heavily modified RunUO 2.2 or stock RunUO up to 2.7.

Back