I would really appreciate a brain storm on this one.

My shard is a modified master branch of servuo and I'm looking for an easier way to keep it up to date with master.

I have a repo for my server files (updates and commits to the remote server) and a separate repo for master servuo branch. I check for updates on the master branch from time to time, check what changed through TortoiseSVN log and apply those changes to my server files, but often the changes are not in the files I edited for my server and those could be copied straight across instead of checking the code. Or, like with Ancient Smithy Hammer serialization changes, the same change is committed several times.

Does anyone have an idea how to make the update process easier?

I thought of copying my files onto the master branch repo checkout and, if there are any conflicts after an update of the master branch it means the files I edited for my server were updated and I need to check and update the code, otherwise I can just copy everything to my server checkout folder and commit, but how to resolve the conflicts then so it only flags up for a different update in the future?

Keep the two projects separate as you have done, and use WinMerge to do a full deep comparison on the /Scripts/ directory root between the two projects. That's the easiest way to keep them in sync without missing changes, but it's still not perfect.

Keep the two projects separate as you have done, and use WinMerge to do a full deep comparison on the /Scripts/ directory root between the two projects. That's the easiest way to keep them in sync without missing changes, but it's still not perfect.
Thanks, Voxpire! I'll give WinMerge a go

A bit of tinkering and WinMerge is really looking good.

Attaching the base for my filter file if anyone is interested:
Code:
## Ignore subversion housekeeping folders
d: \\.svn$
d: \\._svn$
## Ignore VS files and folders
d: \\.vs$
d: \\Scripts\\obj$
d: \\Scripts\\Output$
d: \\Server\\obj$
f: Scripts.csproj$
f: Scripts.csproj.user$
f: Server.csproj$
f: ServUO.sln$
f: ServUO.sln.DotSettings$
## Ignore files and folders which do not exist by default in master branch
d: \\Backups$
d: \\Logs$
d: \\Saves$
d: \\UltimaLive$
f: \.log$
## Ignore main folder files
f: ServUO.exe$
f: ServUO.pdb$
f: Ultima.dll$

My "left" is the newest master branch of ServUO, my "right" is my modified ServUO project

upload_2017-12-12_0-17-57.png

Thanks, @Voxpire !

Back