THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH! Every other version I've tried hasn't worked. This one compiled first take. You my friend are a saint. :):)

No problem! I just realized that I didn't specifically state that this is NOT my script. I only reposted for the joy of the community. :) Yeah I found a complete UO emulator download that used the mod in its core architecture. I then regathered all the files into a folder, compressed it and then uploaded it. Thats the extent of my contribution to this.

Can you atleast please post who the original author is for these scripts. Possibly a link to page where you got them, like runuo?

I don't believe that you wrote this, give credit where credit is due please.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/2-0-rc1-1-0-final-knives-townhouses-2-0.77850/

Seriously? Did you read the post immediately above it? It's KNIVE'S Townhouses...... not Dargarath's. I didn't download it as a single file, I had to pull it fromvarious sources to make it complete again. Then I uploaded the script. I NEVER once took credit for creating the script......geez.

EDIT: You can't download from that link unless you have an active account. Since they aren't activating new accounts anymore, anyone who came too late CAN'T DOWNLOAD THE FILE. So I found one that works and uploaded it.

I fail to understand the negative attitude towards giving the original author credit on the resource overview.

Not everyone reads the threads attached to a resource when downloading. It would be considerate of you to provide as much information about the resource in the overview as you can so people who download it know what they are getting.

There is an edit button at the bottom of the overview page. I'll leave it up to you on what you decide to do with it.

Edit/ps. I never once said you took credit for the resource. I simply stated my belief and kindly asked you to post the original author.
All it would take is for you to add "Original Author: Knives" to the overview description hell you could of added "Updated by: Dargarath" and i wouldn't not have even said a word. Other then giving the resource a big like.

Edit2: It appears to me at first glance that this resource you uploaded is a direct copy of an upload on the runuo forums. Which is in fact a single download.
www.runuo.com/community/threads/2-0-rc1-1-0-final-knives-townhouses-2-0.77850/page-17#post-3874438

Last edited:
Can you atleast please post who the original author is for these scripts. Possibly a link to page where you got them, like runuo?

I don't believe that you wrote this, give credit where credit is due please.

http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/2-0-rc1-1-0-final-knives-townhouses-2-0.77850/

Right here, you don't believe I wrote this. Implying that I am saying I wrote it. The negative attitude doesn't come from giving credit. I used the author's name in the post title as it's a pretty famous script. It comes from you trying to flame me for not giving credit, when I specifically reposted that I did NOT create the script. I can see the original post I made being construed as taking credit. I'll grant you that, which is why I posted, (right before you) that I didn't make the script. I tried to make available a popular and hard to find script and you start this mess. You know what? This is pointless, and you are getting exactly what you wanted out of this by me continuing this conversation. Have a nice day.

EDIT: When people don't read everything about a subject and then make assumptions.....they're usually wrong.

OK, you know what. I don't want to be like this. I am sorry that I posted it without specifically stating that it was Knives, and not I who authored it. Sincerely, I am not being sarcastic. I responded angrily because I detest plagerism, which is why I made the post to state I didn't write it, and when you made the comment that you didn't believe I wrote it, it hit a nerve. I'm sorry if my attitude was beligerent, I understand the drive to insure that someones work is properly cited, and I commend you for it.

I want to make it clear that from the point of view of someone searching and finding this; one would not assume that Dargarath wrote this. Especially anyone that has any experience with servuo, and/or RunUO.

The title of the package is KNIVES town houses. I asked my girlfriend (who knows NOTHING about this stuff) who she thought wrote it.
I wasn't surprised when she said "knives?" Like I was stupid for asking.

Further more, I'm pretty sure every script in the package has the authors name in it.

I agree, credit should go where it's due.
If I were to share that with someone else, I would be very polite about it, because there's absolutely no reason not to be. (And people take it better)

Thank you for giving credit to the original author. That is all I desired to see. :)

Thank you for upload this amazing system, it truly is a perfect addition to the servuo archive.
I've even thought to create a video tutorial on its uses. Perhaps this will be enough to inspire me to do so.

I have been systematically tracking down other scripts that are on RUNUO as well as other sites that are unavailable through conventional means, (pulling files out of other sources) I'm looking for a firearms script (the author's name escapes me at the moment) that I can use for my own project. I may have to try to recreate it on my own, but as I find them, I will post them.

I encourage everyone to go through their collection of scripts and if they find any, even older versions, of files not already here, please post them. This community has fractured several times and some of the really interesting scripts have become ghosts in people's machines. I have a talent for finding things on the internet, but I can't dig into other peoples hard drives. :) ServUO can become the best repository for resources on the internet.

Last edited:
Very happy to see this was worked out :) Dargarath you may have seen this one? http://www.runuo.com/community/threads/simple-firearms.92853/

Yes, I am too. It was a hot headed moment, but cooler heads prevailed. The temptation to let fly with snarky comments can be overwhelming but if we all just take a moment to empathize and reflect, a lot of needless bickering and anger can be avoided. Hats off to Hank for being a good sport. :) I have seen that script posting, the small amount of code available on the website isn't enough to rebuild the script and I have so far been unable to find it anywhere else. I cannot download from the site because they have stopped verifying e-mails. I have been experimenting on my own, I'm mediocre at scripting, but I have made some headway. I made the comment on another post that I wish to use as much community content as I can for two reasons: 1) A lot of people have poured effort and love into making scripts for themselves and the community and I would like to see their creations get used and them get credit. 2) It's alot easier than making it yourself. :)

Awesome! But my only issue with this is the clutter in the streets. I played on a shard that used it and all over Brit were NPC's that got kicked out of their shops ha ha.

Lol. that's going to be one of the rules for the shard no kicking in PCs out of the shop anyone in violation of it will lose our property

my client is patched to 7.0.59.5, and since gold is kept in the bankbox, but nobody can see it, how does townhouses take the gold out?
Anyone have a fix for that?

Problem with townhouses booting anyone playing enhanced client. They cannot go into them or purchase them without getting disconnected. All classic client players are fine and it works great. Has anyone else had this issue?

Any thoughts on updating this script to work with the latest ServUO, since it handles housing in a completely incompatible manner with this script (related to changes in BaseHouse.cs)?

Can this system be set to use a custom currency instead of gold? I went through the scripts and found every spot that says Gold and changed it to my currency, but it didn't work. I'm going about it the wrong way... if there even is one!

Updated for the latest ServUO + handling a custom currency.

Back