General lag occurs when somebody (single or party doesn't matter) starts a champ. It ends when champ complete.

I play on a decent machine, and is the same machine I run my test server on, and don't experience lag. This is a client issue my friend.

Dude, lag with tons of mobiles on screen has been around since day one of UO. My suggestion is to learn how to play with some lag.

When you ping your server what is the result?
Once in few seconds it hits over 250 - 500 ms.

Dude, lag with tons of mobiles on screen has been around since day one of UO. My suggestion is to learn how to play with some lag.
It is not playable most of the time, trust me.
[doublepost=1500133611][/doublepost]I'm going to start Neira for test right now. I will inform you about ping times and stun durations.
[doublepost=1500134505][/doublepost]It's between 15-16ms sometimes 63 before start.
Just used valor, it goes up to 100ms.
Saw 300ms one time
[doublepost=1500135998][/doublepost]I saw >125ms rarely. Argalep said he deactivated 9 active champs and did some change on system, he will give info about it.
[doublepost=1500136093][/doublepost]Other thing is when lag occurs during champ (for example Felluca Neira), players in Luna also experience the lag.

What's the specs on the computer running ServUO, and are you playing from the same computer? Is it a hosted server, or at someone's house?

Last edited:
It's hosted on a dedicated server 8 core Atom c2750 2.4ghz, 16gb ram, ssd. My client is i74600 16gb ram ssd.
[doublepost=1500136711][/doublepost]Argalep says there is no significant CPU, RAM or bandwidth usage on server. About 30 clients connected.
[doublepost=1500137787][/doublepost]I've completed champ without lag issues but Argalep has made some changes.

My guess would be the processor is the slowdown, the processor mentioned is about the same speed as an AMD Athlon II X4 which is getting fairly slow for now days demands and I realize you said the usage on everything isn't significant but... I had a simular problem with my first server (whole server lagging when a champ was done) and it showed barely any usage on the performance page, but when I switched to a better processor all the issues went away.

Must be server-side, I can have a screen completely full of mobiles without lagging and my PC is 10 years old :/

The ChampionSpawn system has been notorious for causing CPU deadlocks in the past, but only when it involves overpowered players spamming things like Whirlwind attack, taking down 10+ spawns per second. This wouldn't typically be observed on a stock shard with normality, but a large enough group at a Champion Spawn could potentially do it too.

The solution is to buffer the respawning of the creatures, limiting each pass to creating 10 or so spawn, instead of all of them at once.

yeah it'd be fairly easy to cut back the number of spawn. Just change the SpawnMod setting on the champ controllers to .5 or so and see if it helps.
it's multiplier for the number of mobs at a time and should be able to be adjusted to something that works better.

As Argalep said he disabled all Felluca champs (Spawn Groups FelDungeons, FelT2A). Players need to use Valor to start them.

@Visam , @Tasanar Could you please share your online player counts and hardware config details if you don't mind? SpawnMod config is 1 right now. Should be changed to 0.5?

@Voxpire , We are using sampires to do champs and as you said we're using whirlwind. But I was experienced lag when I'm doing with only one sampire and hide protector. It's weird. Sometime ago I was doing with 4 macroed sampires and 1 manuel there was no lag.

I'd definitely try setting the SpawnMod to a lower number. It should have a good chance of reducing the lag and if not it can easily be changed back.

I'm not sure how much this will help because of completely different processor types and sharing the server but...

My first server didn't have any players besides me (just for testing) and if I did a champ with a normal necro/tamer it lagged quite a bit other than that it ran perfectly.

E5-2620
4 CPU vCORE (2 cores of 6)
8GB RAM
200GB SSD

the server I'm currently with has had up to 30ish player on at once with 3 champs going at once (that I saw) with no lag at all.

Xeon E5-1650 v2
12 vCORE (6 cores of 12)
6GB RAM
120GB SSD

I also have a test server at home that's an
AMD Phenom II X6 1090T
16GB RAM
120GB SSD

My internet connection at home is 100mb down 10mb up and with 4 people on it there wasn't any noticeable lag during a champ spawn
[doublepost=1500173548][/doublepost]I just remembered.... On that first server I spoke of... I did do something that helped the lag alot. It didn't make it perfect but...

I first noticed that if I elevated ServUO's priority to High it ran smoother but it was a pain to set this every time I restarted so... I changed ServUO to run as a System.Diagnostics process and elevated it's priority to High. I did this by adding the following lines to Main.cs

Code:
//set to high priority
            System.Diagnostics.Process myProcess = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetCurrentProcess();
            myProcess.PriorityClass = System.Diagnostics.ProcessPriorityClass.High;

The edited Main.cs looked like this:
Code:
public static class Core  //this is line 30 if unedited
    {
        static Core()
        {
            //set to high priority
            System.Diagnostics.Process myProcess = System.Diagnostics.Process.GetCurrentProcess();
            myProcess.PriorityClass = System.Diagnostics.ProcessPriorityClass.High;

DataDirectories = new List<string>();

GlobalMaxUpdateRange = 24;
            GlobalUpdateRange = 18;
        }

Last edited:
@Tasanar , what is your server's specs?

What we're going to do:

We've discussed situation with Argalep. He deactivated (can be activated with valor) some more champs which players doesn't play on (Valor, Humility, Bedlam). There are only 3 self-activated champs remaining: Sprituality, Glade and Dragon. Players on our shard prefers to advance Valor in Sleeping Dragon. Glade and Spirituality is important to disturb negative karma players :) Others not much important I think.

Argalep going to develop a system to deactivate and delete spawns on champ regions automatically if there is no advance (when 0 skull) for specific time with exception of selected spawns/spawn groups. He is thinking about to move shard to Intel Xeon E5620 16 GB 2 x 300GB SAS 1Gbps machine also. SSD is not much important because current system uses ram disk to store and read UO client files and keep world saves at first. Saves synced to a folder on HD.

Thanks everyone for help.

Last edited:
Hi everybody,

We've moved the shard to a dedicated Intel Xeon E5620 16 GB 2 x 300GB SAS 1Gbps machine. But there is still lag and stuck. Please check 4:23 of the video, there is about 4 seconds stuck. It's not lag, monsters doesn't moves also. About 30 players.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Any suggestions?

Back