My friends and I are having this strange problem when playing in my private server, we have a bad ping, around 400~500 ms when logged as player, and our characters stops once in while when running around. But when I'm logged with the owner account (the one you create first time you run the server) I don't get any lag (10 ms) and can run around smoothly without any stutter or lag.

Anyone have this same issue or can point a way of what may be causing it?

Perhaps do a search in your custom folder for the phrase "AccessLevel.Player" to see if there are customs that operate specifically on them. It could be that monsters or spawners are looking for people to interact with and they know to leave Owners and Admins alone.

I could be wrong but I remember something like this might have had to do with speed command or something like that.
Just a thought.

As @RedBeard mentioned, I vaguely remember an issue with this as well. I think in my case it had to do with the Speedboost command, which I think is also what RedBeard is refering to. @Jdaski by any chance do you have the "AutomaticSpeedBoost" script loaded on your server? It's the one that automatically calls the SpeedBoost command at login?

As others mentioned, if you are on a character which has the speedboost command activated, then turn into a player, you will lag horribly.

You can fix this by disabling the speedboost command on the account and then logging out/back in.

Try a player account that has never been anything but a player and see if the issue persists.

Back