Hello everyone!

Im a c# developer and UO enthusiastic. Just got the scripts today, lets see what happens!
I have some questions please:

What is the lates uo version supported for servUO? Anybody have the download link please?
Its possible to convert the project to the .net CORE?
Its posible to run the servUO on a Linux environment?
Anybody heard about ZuluHotel Scripts? If yes, anybody knows if there is a ServUO or runUO ZH scripted?
How can i keep my modifications sync with next servuo releases? I mean, if i change a lot of servUO scripts in my repository, and want to get the last version of servUO recently updated, i need to merge the modifications and see what happens? or there is a better way?

Thank you very much!

1. Latest Version of Uo is well the newest client and almost all features. so dont worry they are getting there.
2. ???
3. Yes its supported
4. Yes I have zuluhotel goes back to being one of the first POL shards around with World of Dreams. both was amazing shards and staff.
5. Best way is have a custom playermobile and a custom basecreature file that reads off the main two. There is also other ways you can do it using xml or hooking.

I hope i have helped you best i could. I'm sure others have great ideas as well.

2. The big issue would be CSharpCodeProvider and codeDOM I know that .core 3.0 (beta) has support for this but is not recommended. This feature could be upgraded to the newer script solution called Roslyn that includes better support for new code. Then I earlier did try this out some issues were detected like an issue with core 2.0 and windows services needed a .net 4.7 layer to be able to communicate. This seems to have changed now.

I was earlier writing a post (now removed) about making a new engine with live scripting but that was not any direct interest on the subject, so I have done some private experiments on it and made it work very well. You can compile the code directly into memory like today or even use open script files that are running from a ram drive. This opens up for modification on a running shard without stopping it to recompile. If you decide to go with .net CORE I think this is the way to go.

This was one of my earliest tests done with Roslyn.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is a lot that needs to be rewritten so I guess it would be a new project.

-Grim

Last edited:
2. The big issue would be CSharpCodeProvider and codeDOM I know that .core 3.0 (beta) has support for this but is not recommended. This feature could be upgraded to the newer script solution called Roslyn that includes better support for new code. Then I earlier did try this out some issues were detected like an issue with core 2.0 and windows services needed a .net 4.7 layer to be able to communicate. This seems to have changed now.

I was earlier writing a post (now removed) about making a new engine with live scripting but that was not any direct interest on the subject, so I have done some private experiments on it and made it work very well. You can compile the code directly into memory like today or even use open script files that are running from a ram drive. This opens up for modification on a running shard without stopping it to recompile. If you decide to go with .net CORE I think this is the way to go.

There is a lot that needs to be rewritten so I guess it would be a new project.

-Grim
That's absolutly fantastic, great job. And how about the performance of this attached scripts?
Post automatically merged:

1. Latest Version of Uo is well the newest client and almost all features. so dont worry they are getting there.
2. ???
3. Yes its supported
4. Yes I have zuluhotel goes back to being one of the first POL shards around with World of Dreams. both was amazing shards and staff.
5. Best way is have a custom playermobile and a custom basecreature file that reads off the main two. There is also other ways you can do it using xml or hooking.

I hope i have helped you best i could. I'm sure others have great ideas as well.
Thank you very much for your answer.
1. Do you have a download link for the lates stable version of the uo client? I just downloaded from uo.com and patched everything, i dont know if this client is gonna work.

4.Do you have the scripts to share with me?
5.I will learn about that, thank you!

There was never a zuluhotel script offical release. i know he did release his pol server on there forums.

But every feature that was in zulu can be found on the custom script forums or be made if not found.
Post automatically merged:

hey grim about roslyn il make a new post you might have some insight on it for me.

-Grim

OMG Grim that's fantastic! Being able to add new items and fix bugs on the fly would be awesome.

Back