No permission to download

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
I may have a method out of another pet aoe that may help
Ultimately I need the script to be a static void that can be called into the onmovement method within basecreature. That is the direction I'm currently going with it. If you would like to share any ideas's I would be happy to hear them out, can post them here on this thread or send a direct message to me.

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
see if this helps
Thanks for the suggestion, so that script is only per creature and not for a wider scope. Though I'm happy regardless you made a suggestion, it can be lonely in here. :) I have enough functions for the creature attacks, the part if have to redo is how it's applied. Which so far I have a good idea, it's just a different way than I'm used too.

There is one thing in that script though that i was reminded about.

OnGaveMeleeAttack and OnGotMeleeAttack

This could be potentially used in place of what I'm using now and it can be called from an external static. :)

Reactions: Cody

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
This resource will be left up for those that was the XML Version.

The new release is here:

I will still maintain this however I will be pouring more of my focus on the reshaped system for now. See you all on the other side.

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
hey by chance did you fix the maps exploit?
The issue with maps is known as the download for the Level System Extreme the skill is disabled by default for gaining EXP, there are a few passive and active skills that will cause rapid gain. This is from the Level System Extreme config file. This isn't default in XML level system.

/* Passive Skills I allowed by accident, using them
will cause rapid exp gain */
/* Add a toggle to LevelSheet, after skill reaches 100 ONCE it toggles
a switch that prevents further exp gain from said skill, even if they stone it. */
public bool AnatomyGain = false; /* every weapon hit gains exp */
public int AnatomyGainAmount = 10;
public bool ArmsLoreGain = false;
public int ArmsLoreGainAmount = 10;
public bool AnimalLoreGain = false;
public int AnimalLoreGainAmount = 10;
public bool MeditationGain = false;
public int MeditationGainAmount = 10;
public bool CartographyGain = false;
public int CartographyGainAmount = 10;

In the Level System Extreme, I'm looking into event syncs that may resolve this issue. I may also do a if statement trap that causes the skill not to generate more then X amount of EXP per a certain amount of skill points. Such as if you have 30.0 Cartography you can gain up to 500 EXP fro mthis, however if you gain another 10 skill in Cartography equally 40, that may open up another 200 exp points that could be gained from using the skill.

Just a few things I'm considering on that front.

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
I might have a workaround to the issue, i say workaround because it wouldn't be considered a true fix as it's not ideal. I will do some testing and come back with some results later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cody

Joshua

Knight
Sep 13, 2014
Bountiful, Utah
Shard Name
My Own Shard
Right on looking forward to see this completed
Okay, I found a solution. I will likely be passing this onto the other system as well since they used the same script mechanics. I updated the download file as well with the changes.

1) Updated LevelHandler.cs
You will need to merge the changes from line 570 going down (removal of skillname) or copy and paste it the file.

2) Updated the changes needed to skillcheck.cs
Remove all the changes requested before and do the following, one 1 edit vs 4.

Locate This Section

if (toGain == 1 && skill.Base <= 10.0)
toGain = Utility.Random(4) + 1;
Under the if statement located, add this below

/* XML Level System Start */
Configured ct = new Configured();
if (ct.DisableSkillGain == true && from is PlayerMobile)
{
return;
}
if (toGain != 0 && from is PlayerMobile)
{
LevelHandler.DoGainSkillExp(from, skill);
}
/* XML Level System End */

Updated the overview instructions with this as well.
I also updated the dynamic equip file to update the duplicate line.

this should be good to go now. Now what happens is only when a toon gains a skill point they get exp, if they do not gain a skill point there is no exp. This can still be exploited through stoning the skills, I will eventually add a toggle to take care of this, but this exploit isn't obvious.