Hi guys, maybe it isn't the right section, but i have some problems.

Im trying to let a friend to join on my local server ServUO/Centred to help me in development, but i have problems.

First i tried with Hamachi, but even if i can ping them on my network, they aren't able to ping me back, i guess because Hamachi has no access to internet. I tried to disable firewall, port forwarding ecc. Useless.

So i tried with No-ip.com.

I have created a server named: blacksails.ddns.net, and then i have modified my ServerList.cs

Code:
 public static readonly string Address = "blacksails.ddns.net";
  public static readonly string ServerName = "Black Sails";
  public static readonly bool AutoDetect = true;
  private static IPAddress m_PublicAddress;
  public static void Initialize()

But when i start the server i get ListenerError

Code:
World: Loading...done (191 items, 3 mobiles, 5 customs) (0,21 seconds)
Bittiez Utilities Version 0.0.3
Restricting client version to 7.0.20.0. Action to be taken: LenientKick
13:14:04 Joeku's Staff Runebook: Loading...
13:14:04  Account: Claretta... done.
13:14:04 Listener Failed: 0.0.0.0:2593 (In Use)

And now i can't log in, with loopback address or blacksails.ddns.net (AssistUO), and of course my friend can't too with this message "unable to solve IP address: blacksails.ddns.net".

I'm getting mad with this problems. Any idea?

It says the port 2593 on your computer is already in use. You can try closing the program which is using the port, or change the following line on Scripts/Misc/SocketOptions.cs:
Code:
new IPEndPoint( IPAddress.Any, 2593 ), // Default: Listen on port 2593 on all IP addresses

Open a elevated cmd prompt and type netstat -ab to find out which process is listening on that port. You only need to worry about the line items that have a state of "listening." You could also try typing this in: netstat -ao | find /i "listening" and when the netstat process completes, any line items with a state of listening will just be shown, but you have to use the -ao switch which shows the PID of the process instead of the process name. The -ab switch shows the process name on a separate line and won't be picked up by the find command.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Ok PortMap was opened. Now it works. But still my freidn can't log in my local server.

Are you using 127.0.0.1 to login? Another question do you have a router and if so have you gone online to login that router and add your server to the list. There are so many things to check with problems as this-even adding your server to your firewall for some.

The main problem is that Hamachi doesn't work. Hamachi network has no access to Internet, so people in my network can't ping me.

Isn't that the program where you and any one who wants to connect has to use it? Don't really know much about that program. :/

The main problem is that Hamachi doesn't work. Hamachi network has no access to Internet, so people in my network can't ping me.

Hamachi + UO is terrible IMO.

My advice to everyone is to just portforward, it took me a lot of time back when I first got into UO Programming but there is a lot of help out there.

Back