I'm trying to connect to my server using my second pc. and I cant connect.. ive made a account on my owner account.. ive tried using the 127.0.0.2 ip also used the ip players use and I cant connect and I don't even see it trying to connect on the server. its stuck on connect or goes to not responding.. I have players on so I know the port is open

you need the ip of the second pc. 127.0.0.1 is localhost (always your pc) and there is no set 127.0.0.2

you need the ip of the second pc. 127.0.0.1 is localhost (always your pc) and there is no set 127.0.0.2
Its the same ip that others use to log into the server.. and its not working on it.. and I meant 127.0.0.1. ive just tried everything.

Others are probably using an outside IP.
You probably need to use your LAN IP on the other PC. Usually a number in the 192.168.x.x range.

• 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (65,536 IP addresses)
  • 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (1,048,576 IP addresses)
  • 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (16,777,216 IP addresses)
p.s. The console should report this number on startup.

Last edited:
Others are probably using an outside IP.
You probably need to use your LAN IP on the other PC. Usually a number in the 192.168.x.x range.

• 192.168.0.0 - 192.168.255.255 (65,536 IP addresses)
  • 172.16.0.0 - 172.31.255.255 (1,048,576 IP addresses)
  • 10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 (16,777,216 IP addresses)
p.s. The console should report this number on startup.
ya. I used the 192 numbers it goes to connect then non resonding

Just to be certain.. you are taking the 192 number from the server console,
and using that number on the second pc through Razor or login.cfg?

(On the server)
Find your LAN Network adapter at Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
Right click - Select Status
Click Details

That IP will be the one to use on the second PC with Razor ect..

Tested current repo, worked ok.

Just to be certain.. you are taking the 192 number from the server console,
and using that number on the second pc through Razor or login.cfg?

(On the server)
Find your LAN Network adapter at Control Panel\Network and Internet\Network Connections
Right click - Select Status
Click Details

That IP will be the one to use on the second PC with Razor ect..

Tested current repo, worked ok.
tried that same thing.. I just don't get it...

Also you may want to check your router port forward settings.. and have it selected to forward all incoming connections to 1 certain IP.. the IP of the server machine. (See routers docs)

Generally I never had problems across a home network of PC's.

Your game server will use your Internet IP for others to connect on, you'll have that Internet port open so players can.

The game server will have an address of 127.0.0.1 of it's own and probably an internal network address as well of 192.168.x.x depending how you have that setup at home.

The PC your on will also have an address of 127.0.0.1 so using that won't usually work, you'll need to find out the 192.168.x.x of your game server on your internal home network. That can be found in the details for the adapter...

netwrk.jpg

This PC would be 192.168.1.67

Only thing I can think of is maybe a firewall setting on the game server PC to allow connections via 192.168.x.x

Generally I never had problems across a home network of PC's.

Your game server will use your Internet IP for others to connect on, you'll have that Internet port open so players can.

The game server will have an address of 127.0.0.1 of it's own and probably an internal network address as well of 192.168.x.x depending how you have that setup at home.

The PC your on will also have an address of 127.0.0.1 so using that won't usually work, you'll need to find out the 192.168.x.x of your game server on your internal home network. That can be found in the details for the adapter...

View attachment 6667

This PC would be 192.168.1.67

Only thing I can think of is maybe a firewall setting on the game server PC to allow connections via 192.168.x.x
I did that mine shows 10.0.0.247 and I tried that and same thing cant connect to ultima online . please try again
[doublepost=1474235114][/doublepost]
maybe your Firewall is Blocking if you have one
I have my firewall off on both pc's

Seems odd then that you cant connect to the other PC (Game server).

Not sure why this would happen without knowing what way your home PC's are connected but pretty sure its something simple.

Just check again you have all the correct IP numbers for the PC's etc.

Seems odd then that you cant connect to the other PC (Game server).

Not sure why this would happen without knowing what way your home PC's are connected but pretty sure its something simple.

Just check again you have all the correct IP numbers for the PC's etc.
yes its just odd.. my pc that the server is on I can log into the game fine. my husband pc cant. and all the ips match. I'm just stumped

Not sure, just seems strange he can't get to it on a LAN at home but I do remember having an issue the same as this years ago but that turned out to be something to do with the way I had a network setup at home years ago. Router with more than one PC on it and also a switching hub with 4 more things on that as well from the router. For me it was an IP address and firewall setting because if it but years ago.

Check your windows firewall to make sure port 2593 is available to traffic from both public and private networks. If you can ping the computer but still cant connect its usually a port issue.

Check your windows firewall to make sure port 2593 is available to traffic from both public and private networks. If you can ping the computer but still cant connect its usually a port issue.
I have all firewalls off on his pc and mine and in the router

I wouldnt turn them off, you need to put in an exception. Windows firewall has a nasty habit of filtering traffic even when it is "off"

Can you possibly write both pcs local ip here? maybe they are in a different subnet .. but if both have an inet connection than you should atleast be able to connect from the external one ..

is it normal that the IP is 10.0.0.254 ? I never had an ip like that... always close to 192.168.178.1 or 192.168.2.1 depends on Router

I don't think you directly answered earlier.. sorry if you did, but did you try..

Also you may want to check your router port forward settings.. and have it selected to forward all incoming connections to 1 certain IP.. the IP of the server machine. (See routers docs)

This is a known issue for certain routers, so worth a try at minimum.

I don't think you directly answered earlier.. sorry if you did, but did you try..

This is a known issue for certain routers, so worth a try at minimum.
I checked that and it is.. not sure what it could be ive done and checked everything from the modem to his pc

Besides adding exceptions in the firewall (even when off) as previously suggested, the only other thing I could think of trying is, manually setting your routers IP and also the DHCP range into the 192.168.x.x range and see if that works.. and if not a reset if you haven't tried that.

Can you possibly write both pcs local ip here? maybe they are in a different subnet .. but if both have an inet connection than you should atleast be able to connect from the external one ..

This was the issue I had years ago with the added hub on my network.

Line into home to router, ports off the router were subnet 255.255.255.0 so anything into the router would share or connect ok.
It was 4 ports, 3 to PC's 4th port I ran to a 5 port hub and from the it gave me 4 extra ports (LAN connections) I could use for other things. Everything off the hub had subnet 255.255.0.0 if I remember, that was one of my issues.

Not sure how you have connections setup but that was my problem, like I said.... eons ago ;)

Hello, see you are having issues. Willing to help via team viewer if you would like. Or I can post here. Your call.

Back