Lol... Wood fgs lol... must have thought wood was ya olde style... oh hold on... me being lazy (hated making anything with GFX like web pages) lol, still gave me a chukle to myself ;)

UOLauncher was Jeff's creation, short lived version while he sorted ConnectUO out I think. Was handy tho ;)

I remember that page. Not sure I ever joined the server, but I definitely remember the webpage.

o_O if i have to talk to people or listen to them talk then never mind.

i tend to prefer playing solo. most MMOs don't support solo play; i understand why but i don't have to like it

Lineage 2

Yeah I looked into messing with that emulator as well back then. Source code was in visual Java tho.

Downside to the whole thing for me was the client encryption as I wanted to stay up to date all the time, client did some funky online checks as you used it, you could get it working but i'm not sure why I gave up on it to be honest.

Other one I did try out and is fully downloadable now was Ryzom, the original company hit the wall and some other company took the running of that over... free to play up to level 125 (your toon) and after that pay to play. The source was all C++ but the whole thing was several consoles all running at the same time kind of setup... login server... map server... mobs servers... basically 7 or 8 different services all running and talking to each other so you'd basically need a couple of spare PC's or a server to host a free game / shard. Only thing missing in the free source downloads... the maps... you would have to create your own... loved it tho ;)

P.S. Sorry for delayed response ;)

Back