1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Looking For some help porting OWLTR 3.01 to ServUO

Discussion in 'Script Support' started by sec_goat, Sep 4, 2013.

1. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

Hello All!

I am attempting to merge the New OWLTR 3.01 into the ServUO core. It appears that I am having trouble and I have an inkling that it has to do with some of the SA Features, particularly gem mining.

So it appears that while mining using OWLTR the server will crash, but I think Only when Gem Mining is enabled. I tried but did not have the gem mining enabled and it did not crash.

Code (C#):
    1. Exception:
    2. System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
    3.    at daat99.ResourceHelper.GetDaat99HarvestedType(Type originalType, Boolean prospected, Double skill) in c:\ServUO\ServUO\Scripts\Custom Systems\OWLTR 3.01.00\New\Resource Helper.cs:line 70
    4.    at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSystem.FinishHarvesting(Mobile from, Item tool, HarvestDefinition def, Object toHarvest, Object locked) in c:\ServUO\ServUO\Scripts\Services\Harvest\Core\HarvestSystem.cs:line 161
    5.    at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSoundTimer.OnTick() in c:\ServUO\ServUO\Scripts\Services\Harvest\Core\HarvestSoundTimer.cs:line 31
    6.    at Server.Timer.Slice() in c:\ServUO\ServUO\Server\Timer.cs:line 425
    7.    at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in c:\ServUO\ServUO\Server\Main.cs:line 675
    I have asked the lovely creators over at RunUo as well, but I figure the problem is more with the SA mods we have here, so I am hoping some one can help me get past this so we can add this as a release for ServUO as well.

thanks!

Attached Files:

2. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

In the past when trying to merge custom resources into SA cores I ran into issues where SA was trying to return the resource type of gem or Resource[2] when it was not defined, I think this is the same kind of issue, I just cannot track down the proper place to modify the code.

here is a thread where I had some help with a similar issues:
    http://www.runuo.com/community/thre...als-powders-mining-error.462745/#post-3633033

not sure if the two are related but it sure seems like it.

I continue to research and ask around for a solution.

thanks!

EDIT: even if some one can just hold my hand through how the small gem mining works now, I really feel this is the problem.

#2 sec_goat, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  3. sec_goat

sec_goat Member

Never mind all I have found my issue and I believe I have resolved it!
    I will work on packing up all the merged files and releasing it in the release section so that you can have Daat99's OWLTR on SERVUO as well.

I am sure there will need to be some merge issue or other bugs that I have inadvertently introduced, but it is looking good so far!

4. pall

pall Member

hey, i have the same problem. when player mining say me this:

Code (C#):
    1. 10:46:01 Error:
    2. 10:46:01 System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
    3.   at daat99.ResourceHelper.GetDaat99HarvestedType (System.Type originalType, Boolean prospected, Double skill) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    4.   at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSystem.FinishHarvesting (Server.Mobile from, Server.Item tool, Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestDefinition def, System.Object toHarvest, System.Object locked) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    5.   at Server.Engines.Harvest.HarvestSoundTimer.OnTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    6.   at Server.Timer.Slice () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    7.   at Server.Core.Main (System.String[] args) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 Crash: Generating report...done
    8. 10:46:01 Crash: Backing up...done
    9. 10:46:01 This exception is fatal, press return to exit
    how you solve this problem?