I had an admin let me know that something is amiss on the server.

Logged in, and I noticed that it says there are 102 people online, but I know there is only one atm.

So, I power down the server, power it up, and now it says this is the first time running, to make an admin account.

What happened? I dont see an accounts.xml anymore in the config directory either.

Could someone give me some insight on this?

Thank You!

Sounds like your shard failed during a world save, and a deadlock may have caused the listener to fail to update/dispose of connections (even if the connections are dead), resulting in it building up to 100+ before you caught it.

It's hard to say what could have caused it, but restoring an automatic backup save should work.

Rock on man, that seemed to save it.

If by chance a deadlock occurs again, is there anything I might be able to post to help out on future revisions of the application?

Rock on man, that seemed to save it.

If by chance a deadlock occurs again, is there anything I might be able to post to help out on future revisions of the application?

Hmm, all you can really do is try to capture the last message the console spits out before it vanishes up the buffer, it might hint towards what's causing it.

If I were to take a guess, I'd say it could be the Honesty item generation system - if you have the issue again, try disabling it and see if it happens again after that.

Back