hellos, I almost have my server as I want it... just having one major issue I cannot figure out.

I made a copy of the CuSidhe and messing around with it. I see where to set name, stats and skills. What I am trying to do is make it so the player can dress it as they wish. ( I can set the hair style/color and skin for them) Would anyone be so kind as to share if this is possible? and how difficult it would be to do?....if it's extremely difficult I will just skip it ^^

Code:
public override bool AllowEquipFrom( Mobile from )
{
	if (ControlMaster != null && ControlMaster == from)
		return true;
	else if (from.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster)
		return true;
	else
		return false; //or return base.AllowEquipFrom(from); in case that you have important verifications in BaseCreature.
}

poOka ! yay thank you <3 I followed your directions from the other thread, but did not work. I will try again with this format.

Oh and I posted here as ServUO seems to have some different .cs file formats then RunUO 2.5. I just recently left RunUO and moved to ServUO. I couldn't get it to work on RunUO.. so praying it will on ServUO.

Last edited:
Well it depends where you put that code too.
If you have any errors or if it's not working, just tell what's wrong. (error message)

it worked ^_^! only issue now is.. once the item is put on them, wont let me take it back off. I might have to do this on a animal pet and give it the ID od a human.

Hm, originally in my code, i had something to prevent dressing/undressing if it was not human, looks like that check wasn't needed at all...
My guess would be:
Did you leave the return false; in? or did you do base.etc.?

I put it in just like this
public override bool AllowEquipFrom( Mobile from )
{
if (ControlMaster != null && ControlMaster == from)
return true;
else if (from.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster)
return true;
else
return false; //or return base.AllowEquipFrom(from); in case that you have important verifications in BaseCreature.
}

I left the false o.o

Edit I made it return bas.AllowEquipFrom(from); and still tells me the item does not belong to me, I have to steal it.

I think that dressing a non-human wouldn't be the best thing to do.
Opening the paperdoll of an animal would be even harder xD

oh I changed the bodyvalue in game using my admin account. to make a cusidhe look human male. can still ride him by double clicking ^_^ he turns into a wolf. BUT am having a same problem. can put an item on.. but not take off or access his backpack without snooping skill.

when he dies, I cannot redress him =p

Code:
#region Pack Animal Methods
public override bool IsSnoop( Mobile from )
{
	if ( PackAnimal.CheckAccess( this, from ) )
		return false;
	return base.IsSnoop( from );
}
public override bool OnDragDrop( Mobile from, Item item )
{
	if ( CheckFeed( from, item ) )
		return true;
	if ( PackAnimal.CheckAccess( this, from ) )
	{
		AddToBackpack( item );
		return true;
	}
	return base.OnDragDrop( from, item );
}
public override bool CheckNonlocalDrop( Mobile from, Item item, Item target )
{
	return PackAnimal.CheckAccess( this, from );
}
public override bool CheckNonlocalLift( Mobile from, Item item )
{
	return PackAnimal.CheckAccess( this, from );
}
public override void GetContextMenuEntries( Mobile from, List<ContextMenuEntry> list )
{
	base.GetContextMenuEntries( from, list );
	PackAnimal.GetContextMenuEntries( this, from, list );
}
#endregion

Oh O_O is that from a packhorse? I didn't even think of just changing the bodyId of a pack horse o.o will play around with this!

WAIT! mind blown... with that you posted before and then that entry under it.. can re dress without issues! oh my goodness thank you!! now I will take all this and just make a new mobile... and unbutcher my poor CuSidhe file.

Last edited:
Back