I remember that in times of ML and SE was possible to pack patched version of the client and make it available so that players could download it to connect to the my server without patching issues. Is prepared in this way, the client version (the latest 2d), downloaded to another computer, will allow the player to connect to the server? (I'm talking about possible problems with the registry of the operating system)

In my experience, Rar/Zip'ing your UO directory that you use to play for others to download to get on your server works well. I don't think there are any registry problems when doing so. If there are, I have not run into them yet.

The only registry issue pertains to the default location the assistants examine for the client files. If they are going to unzip to a directory other than the EA directory, they will need to be sure to point Razor or UOSteam to the correct directory for the client files. This can be fixed by editing the registry but not really needed and not practical for the users.

7zip on the ultra compression mode has better compression size then rars or zips. If you want to save size that is your best bet.
As far as registry there is some thing that, that matters for but for a regular players this become narrow. One is if they don't manually set the location of their client in razor it may not be able to detect the game with a registry entry. It's extremely easy to make a registry entry and I have been slacking off on writing a tutorial gear towards uo for how to do so on 32 bit and 64 bit. If you want to see what I have for 64 bit pm me or I can just upload it here.

i wouldn't want anyone to find out my username to say my admin account and then all they'd have to do is guess my password.
maybe i'm just paranoid

but no, UO doesn't save passwords. i think they changed that back in client version 2.0.0

we found a way to block people from accessing accounts from different ips but this seems only a good idea on the main computer bc your ip could change and then you wouldnt be able to log in.

Back