I can't remember where I read this but I heard that UO does not use mul files anymore for map data and such, and that the format changed. Is this the case? If yes how is this handled now days? My shard is still RunUO and has too many modifications to actually update to anything else, but I tend to just make the required changes myself by looking at updated source code when stuff happens that needs to be changed such as packets. Don't get me started on that 0x7F tile stuff years back with SA... lol that was a pain. #ThanksEA. I'm behind as far as supported client version goes so I'm working on supporting the latest. I just thought it would be easier to ask here to get an idea of what to expect, or if it's actually a non issue. Thanks in advance.

There is the UOP map format which was introduced with SA, you can find a UOP mul packer/unpacker on both RunUO and ServUO (and possibly JustUO).
It's not much, they basically took the .mul file and shipped it in a new file format with EA stamped on it.

Ah ok so any time there is an update (at least to the map/statics) I should use the converter to create the mul files for the server? Where would I find this converter? I always want to ensure maps match on server. Ex: if EA adds a wall or changes map somewhere I want to make sure the wall is on the server too.

Back