This was never really an issue until all these "new" Ultima.dll files started being included, lots of older scripts depend on older dlls, and trying to switch them over to new dlls doesn't usually work. So, now I need to merge two dll files, but I have to see what's different between the two first (something like WinMerge). I've done some initial Google searching, but I haven't run across anything that handles the first issue (comparing the two dll files), just how to edit a dll. Some folks said to use VS...well I've got that (VS 2015), but "use VS" isn't very descriptive. Anyone care to jump in here and help me accomplish this task? Your help is greatly appreciated!

I ran in to an issue with certain DLLS Ultima.dll, and so what i did is put them all in the same folder with dirfferent names such as Ultima.dll, Ultima(1).dll, Ultima(2).dll etc etc etc.
There was something like 50 of them from all the different folders on my computer, and when i loaded them in to VS express 2012 it automatically compared them but there were still about 20 uniquely different ones in some way. when accessing each one you could see the code inside for all the different calls and things. So there might be some way to see this internal code and manually merge them.

Even if it can't be merged exactly...copy and paste at least...?
Yeah, I know exactly what you're talking about Rex :|

I was able to see inside the DLL's with VS express 2012 but i didn't actually try merging them. I'm not sure how to do that.

At this point, even if I have to type everything in by hand, I don't care, I just want to get it done LOL

Back