Hello all,
I have tried setting up a standalone server on Windows 7, 10 and 2019 using various post's'/instructions. I run across the same issue on them all.

The compile gets to "World Loading" and then dies trying to locate "tiledata.mul".

I hope this will help others.

What I found was the following:
  • The Enhanced Client does NOT include the mul's needed. Not sure if they have been removed at some point but you can only use the "Classic Client" as of this post.
  • You need to direct the "DataPath.cs" to the installed and patched location of the "Classic Client".
Doing these should get you past the missing .mul errors.

Good Hunting!

I also have this problem although the error in the crash file in looks a little bit different it still says the tiledata file cannot be found. Not sure what else it is saying. I have updated the game and downloaded the newest servuo. Any help would be great.

ServUO Version 0.5, Build 7843.28311
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1
.NET Framework: 4.0.30319.42000
Time: 6/22/2021 7:44:29 PM
Mobiles: 1
Items: 1
Exception:
System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.TileData' threw an exception. ---> System.Exception: TileData: not found
at Server.TileData..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.TileData.get_ItemTable()
at Server.Item.get_ItemData()
at Server.Item.UpdateLight()
at Server.Items.BaseArmor..ctor(Int32 itemID)
at Server.Mobiles.SeaMarketOfficer.InitBody()
at Server.Mobiles.BaseVendor..ctor(String title)
at Server.Engines.Quests.MondainQuester..ctor()
at Server.Mobiles.SeaMarketOfficer..ctor()
at Server.Mobiles.SeaMarketOfficer.Initialize()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Invoke(String method)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Clients:
- Count: 0

I am not sure if maybe I've got the file path incorrect. I've got it written as "CustomPath=C:\Games\Ultima Online Enhanced"

Thank you for your time.

Lelwyr

I think you are right. I have read on another post that you use the classic client and use an enhanced client with a launcher to join. I will have to download the 2d client and try that out.

Back