ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
The Second Age
Not sure if this is the correct place for this, but I'm having an issue with an explosion of mobiles on a shard. I'm trying to figure out how to run the command that prints out a file of a mobile count, but I can't seem to find any info. It should printout a file like this:

# Profile of world mobiles
# Generated on xx/yy/zz 0:00:00 AM/PM

List of mobiles here.

Thank you for all of your help!

In game command for getting overall count of mobiles

[Global Count Where Mobile

Not sure there is a print to file command for exposing the current spawned mobiles on the shard, someone could correct me but you would have to write a small script where you print off the current spawned mobiles and there locations!

You can use [CountObjects

It creates objects.log in the root dir of the server and has a list of all items and mobiles on the server, items at top mobiles at the bottom and tells how many of each exist.
C#:
# Items:
601902    67.24%    Server.Items.Static
102496    11.45%    Server.Items.Gold
32868    3.67%    Server.Items.Backpack
17610    1.97%    Server.Items.AddonComponent
8514    0.95%    Server.Mobiles.XmlSpawner
ect......

#Mobiles:
2058    4.53%    Server.Mobiles.WaterElemental
1864    4.10%    Server.Mobiles.SeaSerpent
1461    3.21%    Server.Mobiles.Bird
1257    2.77%    Server.Mobiles.Orc
ect.....

Thanks for your help so far!!! I have been able to run the Object count, and was super shocked to find I have 267k player Mobiles on a shard of maybe 10-20 accounts. What's going on here?
(here's the top results of my counts)
# Items:
495591 56.02% Server.Item
60207 6.81% Server.Items.Backpack
57000 6.44% Server.Items.Gold

#Mobiles:
266888 80.70% Server.Mobiles.PlayerMobile
2354 0.71% Server.Mobiles.OrderGuard

It's eating all the ram for the shard and causing world saves to be SUPER huge.

Try this for now:
Command:
[global set smartspawning true where xmlspawner
Then use this:
[global set nextspawn 0 where xmlspawner
Now your spawns only born when a player is in zone,this will reduce server usage for sure.
If you do this,get a new log after the second command to see how is going.
UPDATE:
Sorry!my bad you got PlayerMobiles?and not creatures! whats going on mate!
Asuming you got xmlspawner,you can also do:
[xmlfind playermobile,then "search",you will see results in game.

Last edited:
Hi Lemke, that didn't resolve the issue with the 266k server.mobile.playermobile It did make everything a smart spawner, which is cool! But we still have waaaaay to many playermobiles

Check any custom files you have installed for PlayerMobiles being created in the code, I made the rookie mistake once to add a new playermobile to access playermobile methods! This resulted in 1000's of ghost players!

Check any custom files you have installed for PlayerMobiles being created in the code, I made the rookie mistake once to add a new playermobile to access playermobile methods! This resulted in 1000's of ghost players!
We've got it fixed, thanks! We had a single line of code that was instancing PlayerMobile instead casting as a PlayerMobile. Thanks for pointing us in the right direction! We got the ghost mobiles purged and fixed the issue, everything is running smooth!

Back