1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mono Compile options on Ubuntu

Discussion in 'Mono Support' started by Phred, Jan 25, 2014.

1. Phred

Phred Member

Hi all,

Since my last post, ServUO will not compile on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 14.04 LTS. Whether I use dmcs, gmcs, -sdk4.0 or 4.5 I still get the same errors and not able to resolve them. I used the svn for what was on the repo, is there a newer version besides publish 54?

This is the command I am using...

sudo mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,OpenUO.Core.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll,SevenZipSharp.dll -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

These are the warnings I get...

Server/TileMatrix.cs(442,36): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
    Server/TileMatrix.cs(529,31): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
    Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(92,34): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
    Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(166,35): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
    Server/Main.cs(44,28): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Core._OpenUOSDK' is assigned but its value is never used
    Server/TileMatrix.cs(36,15): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.TileMatrix.m_Width' is assigned but its value is never used
    Server/TileMatrix.cs(36,24): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.TileMatrix.m_Height' is assigned but its value is never used
    Server/Timer.cs(364,22): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Timer.m_QueueCountAtSlice' is assigned but its value is never used
    Server/Persistence/FileQueue.cs(27,16): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.FileQueue.Chunk.offset' is assigned but its value is never used
    Compilation succeeded - 9 warning(s)

When I execute these are the hard errors I get.

Warnings:
    + Services/PlantSystem/Clippers.cs:
    CS0162: Line 329: Unreachable code detected
    CS0162: Line 332: Unreachable code detected
    + Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
    CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is always `true'
    Errors:
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlSpawnerGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 287: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 288: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    + Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlQuest/XmlQuestGumps.cs:
    CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 203: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
    Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
    - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Is there an alternative working compile method?

2. Regnak

Regnak Active Member

3. Phred

Phred Member

Regnak,

Guess there wasn't enough luck. No matter how I worked the null to "" or to "null" I had hundreds of errors. So, I had a oem win 7 lying about. *crosses fingers ServUO is good*