Hi all,

Since my last post, ServUO will not compile on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS or 14.04 LTS. Whether I use dmcs, gmcs, -sdk4.0 or 4.5 I still get the same errors and not able to resolve them. I used the svn for what was on the repo, is there a newer version besides publish 54?

This is the command I am using...

sudo mcs -sdk:4.5 -out:ServUO.exe -d:MONO -d:Framework_4_0 -d:ServUO -optimize+ -unsafe -r:System,System.Configuration.Install,System.Data,System.Drawing,System.EnterpriseServices,System.Management,System.Security,System.ServiceProcess,System.Web,System.Web.Services,System.Windows.Forms,System.Xml,OpenUO.Core.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.dll,OpenUO.Ultima.Windows.Forms.dll,SevenZipSharp.dll -nowarn:219 -recurse:Server/*.cs

These are the warnings I get...

Server/TileMatrix.cs(442,36): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrix.cs(529,31): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(92,34): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/TileMatrixPatch.cs(166,35): warning CS0618: `System.IO.FileStream.Handle' is obsolete: `Use SafeFileHandle instead'
Server/Main.cs(44,28): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Core._OpenUOSDK' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/TileMatrix.cs(36,15): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.TileMatrix.m_Width' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/TileMatrix.cs(36,24): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.TileMatrix.m_Height' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Timer.cs(364,22): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.Timer.m_QueueCountAtSlice' is assigned but its value is never used
Server/Persistence/FileQueue.cs(27,16): warning CS0414: The private field `Server.FileQueue.Chunk.offset' is assigned but its value is never used
Compilation succeeded - 9 warning(s)

When I execute these are the hard errors I get.

Warnings:
+ Services/PlantSystem/Clippers.cs:
CS0162: Line 329: Unreachable code detected
CS0162: Line 332: Unreachable code detected
+ Services/Quests/Peerless System/PeerlessAltar.cs:
CS0472: Line 607: The result of comparing value type `System.TimeSpan' with null is always `true'
Errors:
+ Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlSpawnerGumps.cs:
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 287: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 288: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
+ Services/XmlSpawner 2/XmlEngines/XmlQuest/XmlQuestGumps.cs:
CS0121: The call is ambiguous between the following methods or properties: Line 203: `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, string)' and `Server.Gumps.Gump.AddTextEntry(int, int, int, int, int, int, Server.Gumps.GumpResponse, string, string)'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Is there an alternative working compile method?

Regnak,

Guess there wasn't enough luck. No matter how I worked the null to "" or to "null" I had hundreds of errors. So, I had a oem win 7 lying about. *crosses fingers ServUO is good*

Back