Hello Everyone,
running on Servuo, Client 7.0.15.
I'm trying to add some custom mounts but i'm having some annoying issues with the seat of the new mounts.

As you can see, seems that on the custom mount (the left one) the player is sitting higher than the normal one. How can i work on to fix this?

Attachments

• Llama.jpg
    Llama.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 99
Is it because it is a mount with a saddle? it looks like a ridable pack llama?
Realistically, it would make you higher.

I don't know in which file it is, perhaps you could find out in UOFiddler by comparing both mounts.

This has to do with the X/Y placement of the animation frames when imported into the client from fiddler.

You can adjust it in fiddler, just go into the animation slots and open the preview tab.

Yeah the saddle should make me seat a little bit higher but in some frames seems i'm flying ahahahahah.
Thank you everyone for the reply, i hoped there was an alternative and faster solution to UoFiddler :p

Yeah I'm assuming you got that from UOpixel. Some of those anims were done long ago with Michelangelo and so people had to wing some of the z heights and such that's why they bounce around so much. You have to import them into fiddler and adjust it. All mul work is trial and error hahaha

Honestly Fiddler is the fastest way it shouldn't take you longer than maybe 15 minutes to raise the mounted animation. I have done hundreds of custom mounts and doesn't take long in fiddler. your not raising every animation block just the ones pertaining to mounted.

would love to see what you have set up to align them so quickly.. like what your process is. I have also done a lot of anims and a few rides but it took me longer..

Well first of all what type of mount animation are you using. There are three types of animations used for mounts. 1. is only the mounted animation like the old horses and llama. 2. Low animation blocks with all animations in them like the beetle swamp dragon etc. 3. is a animation which is located in a high animation block but uses low animation frames like the kirin and reptialon. If its replacing the first version it acts more like an equipment animation block. if its the second its just a matter or positioning the whole animation not just block IDs. the third is basically the same as second except your dealing with block ids refuring to high animation just with incorrect frame counts.
[doublepost=1548202899][/doublepost]How I normally do it is have the game running and then just adjust the z position in fiddler while game is running since you can edit muls while game is running since it exports to a location of your choice. Doing it this way you can almost guess how many ticks it needs to come down after awhile you can guess pretty close to the amount needed.
horse.jpg
as you can see this is the first way which is only a few blocks for horses and its block ID is for People and Equipment. you would use the Y factor to actually raise and lower the height of the animation once you get a desired position hit the same center for each facing direction.

I guess I haven't had to dive into that much. The only ride I ever made was a warg that I pulled from LOTR game a few years back. I think the problem I have is what size the animation is supposed to be. I think I've seen a few that you have put into the resource page and you do good work. I have also pulled things from WoW but yours line up well. Do you have a direction or size you use in wow model viewer and all that?

No I don't have any set way of lining them up or size mostly by eye I might pull up the animation in fiddler and move it next to my wow extractor for size comparison. Throw the vd file in this thread I can line it up if you want

oh no its ok. i actually lost all my files that i made because of a virus but i am gonna go back in and pull more but i thank you for the ideas you gave me. Ill have to give it a shot and if i need anymore help, ill write ya haha. Thank you for getting back to me! i always appreciate another animator! :D

oh no its ok. i actually lost all my files that i made because of a virus but i am gonna go back in and pull more but i thank you for the ideas you gave me. Ill have to give it a shot and if i need anymore help, ill write ya haha. Thank you for getting back to me! i always appreciate another animator! :D

I wouldn't mind seeing some LOTR animations. the only reason I only do WOW is because I don't have any other extractors or games to extract from lol would love to get my hands on baulders gate or icewind dale games to extract or other games im just not going to pay for them lol.

hahahaha yeah i was able to rip a warg and armored troll from the lotr wrath of the witch king game and have also taken anims from icewind and baulders gate (i have those games) the only problem with those is just like diablo anims, they arent 100% angled for UO. They look great just not exact. thats why i like wow, i get to angle them! hahaha! I have a site that may help you.. Ill DM you with it once i find it again haha

I wouldn't mind seeing some LOTR animations. the only reason I only do WOW is because I don't have any other extractors or games to extract from lol would love to get my hands on baulders gate or icewind dale games to extract or other games im just not going to pay for them lol.
It would be a dream to see the animations of Baldur's Gate in Ultima Online, there are already some in circulation but they are never enough :D
BTW there is a FrameExporter that can create .gif from the enhanced UO client. Did you already tested it?

It would be a dream to see the animations of Baldur's Gate in Ultima Online, there are already some in circulation but they are never enough :D
BTW there is a FrameExporter that can create .gif from the enhanced UO client. Did you already tested it?

The frame exporter never worked for me. It crashes. A lot of the Baulders Gate and Icewind animations are older and rough so that's why they ate never enough. I sent Vertigo a link and he may ne able to bust out some cool stuff with them. I have quite a bit but have been so busy with map making lately, I haven't sat down and really pulled a lot from the games.

mounts are very tricky can only replace mount animation now cant create new ones from scratch. i mean as in animation slot have to use exisiting mount slots

Back