I moved my Servuo Server to a different host but now I cannot connect to UO. Everyone else can connect using the Public IP, but when I try to connect it hangs on the "connection" screen

It doesn't like my IP or something.

So Server used to be local, but moved it to a server location. everyone that was able to connect before can still connect but I can't,
when I try to connect from a different internet connection it works but not my regular internet connection at home.
How can I fix this and can I do it in game ?

When you had it running at home you must have configured port forwarding in your router to send 2593 to your "inside" IP address. Try turning that off / deleting the entry in your router and see if you can connect to the new shard then.

Thank you! I will try this and report back!
Post automatically merged:

When you had it running at home you must have configured port forwarding in your router to send 2593 to your "inside" IP address. Try turning that off / deleting the entry in your router and see if you can connect to the new shard then.
Nope, It doesn't seem to be working, it only works if i hotspot from my phone

I removed the port forward on my router and rebooted.
those are the steps I took, still nothing it's so strange it's as if my server is blocking my IP or something.

Last edited:
Ok so a bit of an update:
it's not allowing anyone from their old ip's to connect to the server it only allows new ip's
what could this be?

I can't think of many ways this could happen based on IP address.

Try going to Admin > Firewall and make sure it's empty?

I can't think of many ways this could happen based on IP address.

Try going to Admin > Firewall and make sure it's empty?
It's definitely happening server-side because when i try to log in from a different IP other than the one that I used to log in from it works 100% with me and others.
it's only the old ips.
is there a way I can clear the list of ips?

I actually tried this from the admin command in game [admin
I checked firewall, saw nothing there but I was able to clear the ip's from the account and still nothing... not allowing me or others to connect from our old ips.
I moved the server over without any errors.
ports are forwarded, everything works fine, it's just the old ips that clients initially connected from does not work it just hangs on "connecting screen"and then we get the "check your network settings error

Attachments

• Screenshot 2021-03-21 134902.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-21 134902.png
    386.5 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2021-03-21 134926.png
    Screenshot 2021-03-21 134926.png
    386.8 KB · Views: 4
Is your firewall list empty?

The server doesn't have any other code to take action based on IP address except there.

See what happens if you edit /scripts/accounting/IPLimiter.cs so that enabled = false.

If it freezes before the character selection screen this is one place it can happen.

Sorry if it appears I'm ignoring some of your posts - I have to re-load this page to make it show some of the posts!

Last edited:
I just tried to log in and it dies trying to connect and I've never connected before. Either your server won't allow classicuo logins or its just not working.

O
Same for me - never goes past Connecting.
that’s so odd...
Try now

I just tried to log in and it dies trying to connect and I've never connected before. Either your server won't allow classicuo logins or its just not working.
I made changes try now

See what happens if you edit /scripts/accounting/IPLimiter.cs so that enabled = false.

If it freezes before the character selection screen this is one place it can happen.

Sorry if it appears I'm ignoring some of your posts - I have to re-load this page to make it show some of the posts!
Not at all! I appreciate your help.
I just made the changes now- hopefully that did something

No change, tells me to check my internet connection. I only use the ClassicUO client so that's all I can try.

I have to head on over to the server. Remote is not working

No change, tells me to check my internet connection. I only use the ClassicUO client so that's all I can try.
Should work now

Last edited:
I'm no getting this Error message when it tries to save world.

20:14:49 Caught Exception:
20:14:49 System.IO.IOException: Access to the path 'C:\Users\KServer\Downloads\ServUO\Saves' is denied.
at System.IO.Directory.InternalMove(String sourceDirName, String destDirName, Boolean checkHost)
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Backup() in C:\Users\KServer\Downloads\ServUO\Scripts\Misc\AutoSave.cs:line 166
at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save(Boolean permitBackgroundWrite) in C:\Users\KServer\Downloads\ServUO\Scripts\Misc\AutoSave.cs:line 69

It is better to run the server from the root of C than within any other directory or you'll fight permissions errors for days.

(as in put it in C:\ServUo)

Thank you will do this now!

I'm still having issues where some Ip's can connect and some cannot. This is so strange....

Last edited:
So I'm making a little bit of progress here.
I noticed that RDP client has issues connecting as well when using my wireless connection at home but when I use my mobile phone to hotspot then it works.

So this tells me that it has nothing to do with ServUo and that it's some type of configuration in windows that is not allowing certain ips to connect, maybe even a firewall issue in my router..
next step is to switch out the router for a better one.

Just A quick Update First Of All What Falkor Said Was Golden! this saved me much errors.
In terms of the blockout of some ip's I discovered that it was a router issue, I was using the OEM (also known as original) router/modem of the ISP host. (garbage host btw)
I ended up switching hosts. transfered everything along with making sure all the .netframework versions with the same.
didn't even need to forward ports.
Started the server up and Whamo! struck gold.
Everything now works 100%
no errors. no blocks and best of all Stress Free.

You guys are welcome to try it out, the IP is: 149.248.58.124 Port: 2593

Thank You Falkor And everyone Else that has chimed in!

Back