Yesterday I moved drives around, and decided to move ServUO and the client stuff over to the C: drive. I updated Config\Datapath.cfg and also Scripts\Misc\Datapath.cs . When I start ServUO, it shows the data path as still being on the E:\ drive, and of course it errors out. During startup:

Code:
Searching for Ultima Online installations...
Found 1 Ultima Online installations:
E:\Ultima Online 7.0.63.2

That's where I used to keep the client, but moved it over to C:\ as well. At any rate, it then it starts throwing errors as if I don't have misc\datapath.cs configured properly, but I do.

Incidentally, I'm using the Land of Archon repack. Great shard, but so much added on that defaults don't always work. Any ideas?

Well first of all there was no reason to edit the datapath.cs at all. Secondly I dont think you removed the # or @ sign infront of the custom path in the Datapath.cfg file, therefor it is looking into the registry.

Thats just my guess since you didnt say what you changed in either file

The datapath.cs seems to be pointing to the client, which is one of the things I moved. I updated this line in that file:

Code:
private static string CustomPath = "C:\Ultima Online 7.0.63.2";

I did try removing the @ sign, no change. What I changed in the datapath.cfg file is the only line that's not commented out:

Code:
CustomPath=C:\Ultima Online 7.0.63.2

Sorry for not being clear. It was early, and the only things I changed were the only 2 lines that look like they relate. Am I missing something? I've checked to make sure that the defaults aren't being read anywhere, but those 2 places are the only places that I would know to update on a move.

Thanks for helping, @PyrO. :)
[doublepost=1526044976][/doublepost]I just realized maybe I should elaborate on what I did. Had a 500GB E: drive installed internal to the computer. ServUO, UO client, Razor, everything installed onto E: drive. Got a new 1 TB drive to replace 500GB drive with. Copied ServUO, client, and Razor to C:\ to avoid future issues.

At this point, everything is in it's same-named folder, it's just changed drive letters. That's why I didn't say much to start with, it looks pretty self explanatory. I updated both files to reflect the drive change in the client's path, and that's all I've done.

What else am I supposed to do?

Hmm with that change to the Datapath.cs the config file is basically useless.

Make sure the change to the datapath.cs then is saved at least, if it is I would try to recompile the server itself even though it should not be the issue.

Yah, that's what I thought. Overdoing it to make it work. When you say "recompile the server itself", I've just been starting up servuo.exe itself. That does recompile everything, yes? Yah, I do that.

Thanks. If you can't tell I'm a perma-noob. Will recompiling delete my world? I have some stone vendors and a training area I want to keep, but if this fixes it, it's required. Will I rebuild after recompiling?

Recompiling the server wont delete your saves no, it just means it will recompile the server folder, creating an new / updated ServUO.exe in this case

Hm. Tried it, no change. Here's the output I get when running servuo.exe, even after recompiling:

Code:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 6349.40628
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Skipping VB.NET Scripts...done (use -vb to enable)
Scripts: Verifying...
Warning: Server.Items.BaseServerBirthRareCont
       - No serialization constructor

Finished (10657 items, 1762 mobiles, 9 customs) (6.78 seconds)
Searching for Ultima Online installations...
Found 1 Ultima Online installations:
E:\Ultima Online 7.0.63.2
ACC Registered: Server.ACC.CM.CentralMemory
ACC Registered: Server.ACC.CSS.CSS
ACC Registered: Server.ACC.PG.PGSystem
DataPath: E:\Ultima Online 7.0.63.2

Right now I have the enclosure turned on with the E: drive in it, so it's working even though looking at the E: drive to do it. The code goes on to start normally, when the drive is turned on like it is now. Obviously what's related is that it's still checking the E: drive for a client. Could this be from the registry? Do I need to simply reinstall the client? I wouldn't think that would affect ServUO, but I'll do whatever is necessary to avoid rebuilding.
[doublepost=1526053124][/doublepost]Hmm... Well, I tried copying over a backup of the shard I make every few days to C:\. Updated both files, just in case. No change. Tried copying the client back to the E: drive and uninstalling, just to make sure nothing is in the registry. No change. Tried reinstalling 7.0.24.0 back to the C: drive where I want it to end up. No change.

I don't know what else to do short of uninstalling and reinstalling the shard.
[doublepost=1526060420][/doublepost]So I unzipped a copy of Land of Archon to test it out clean. Updated both files, immediately worked fine. Compared the two files - datapath.cs and datapath.cfg in both my non-working LoA custom build and the original LoA and they are *exactly* the same. I guess I'll reboot (again) and check to make sure it's not suddenly working, and then just rebuild my shard from the working LoA archive.
[doublepost=1526061478][/doublepost]Reboot no helpy. Checked datapath.cfg just to make sure it was still updated and correct, looking exactly like the working copy, and it is.

Guess the only thing to do is reinstall. When someone releases something and it works, and you customize it and it breaks, undo what you did. That's ok. There were a few minor imperfections, and this will let me fix them.

Thanks for trying, @PyrO. If anyone sees this later and has helpful advice, I won't be removing the "new" one until after I have another built properly. No rush on time. Off to work! :D

Last edited:
Well I am not sure what else would be different unless you changed something else :D well glad it works with a frish unpacked copy ;)

Yah, I'm rebuilding the world now, and it's fun and new and exciting again. Lotsa work, but that's the fun part. You know how it is.

Thanks again, man.

Back