Short Version: I have the old MUL maps and I can't seem to get them converted to UOP. Is there a way I can get serv UO to use the old MUL maps the way they are?

Long Version: I installed servUO and successfully started a server. I even installed razor and used it to open my client. I am now running a private shard on my PC that is exactly like the official servers; and I have even logged into it (that means I am a success right?). I would like to revert the Anti-Virtue Dungeons to what they were years ago; before they were revamped. I have the old UO CDRoms with the mul files but servUO won't recognize the mul files. I installed uofiddler to try and convert the mul files to uop but I could not find the plugin to do the conversion. Is there a way that I can configure servUO to run a client from one of the old discs with all of the mul files.

You could use a client 7.0.20.0 it uses MUL files and yes they can be converted too with correct tools.

Edit: I can make a 7.0.23.1 client if you would prefer that. It was the last one using MUL maps.

-Grim
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]
Edit: I can make a 7.0.23.1 client if you would prefer that. It was the last one using MUL maps.

-Grim
[/QUOTE]

Hi Grim. Thank you for your quick reply.

I really want to be able to use the most recent clients for both UO and servUO as a starting point.

If you could help me convert the old maps to UOP that would be great; I think the MUL files are the only thing keeping me from using the current clients.
Post automatically merged:

I can attach the map files later (assuming they are not to large to attach).

I am hoping that I will not have to mess with the tiledat file.

Last edited:
Here are your programs, the one you use to extract and pack the mul and uop files.

hey guys any new about this? I'm currently stuck here as I cant use the old maps (prior to 6.0.0.0) where the trammel map is contained inside of map0.mul ... I was hoping to find that someone has converted map0 into map0 and map1 if that's even possible so I could use it with client 7.0.20.0 as that client will work fine without this backpack bug i get. So with the following settings I can get into Haven Island in trammel but my backpack essentially goes on lock down (nothing appears inside and nothing can be dropped into it).
C#:
            TileMatrixPatch.Enabled = true; // OSI Client Patch 6.0.0.0

MultiComponentList.PostHSFormat = false; // OSI Client Patch 7.0.9.0

Hi, I can create you a client. What map do you wish to use under what client? The backpack bug is a protocol change to the backpack packet. Old clients are a bit hard to get the correct packet sent. You need to correct this by hand and not by version selection in ServUO/RunUO. But selecting a newer 4.0.10+ client you should be safe from this issue. If you just wish to test your old client, try RunUO.T2A to see if that is your issue. That version has been fixed while it don't support drop-down menus on items at the same time.

This is Heaven from 4.0.9b as an example.
Heaven.png

Yew is under attack in the same map.
yew.png

-Grim

Last edited:
Hey Grim! Thanks for the reply! I was interested in using the LBR DISK image. It seems to work just fine with the older version of razor and also FPS patcher works on it. It works with runuo 2.0 which is what I just started hosting on. Im not sure how but I would really like a client with the LBR maps but working with servuo on client 7.0.20.0 or something highly stable like that one. The main goal is to have Haven Island secretly hidden in trammel so I can host the server while I work on decorating that place and spawning it back to the way I remember it.

That was actually real pain to fix, none of the tools wanted to read the LBR map correct out of the box. "Heaven is just a diff" :)

- I have upgraded 7.0.15.1 to 7.0.20.0 and added the Trammel MAP including Heaven from a client 3.0.7A in this installation.
- I tagged the client modified, that would stop any confusion if the installations are found in the wild.

-Grim

Last edited:
Back