Hey guys, been out of the game awhile and just wanted some info from anyone else left working with custom muls. Back in the day we could add just about anything. A few years back with the, "Brazillian UO" project, it was being taken to the next level with new graphic adds to change most of the game. The man in charge of that ran into a dead end when he couldnt add new rides/animations to the muls anymore. Furthermore the tiledata,mul was also changed and people couldnt figure out why when they added a horse and shrunk it, it would turn into a boat part instead of their specific tile they made for it and thus, Mul editing was on hold.

My question is this, With all the outdated, "how to" guides we used to highly appreciate, has anyone been successful in adding new rides and such to the new UO files? Im working with a shard with the most recent UO patch yet im afradi to try and switch over knowing how difficult it became years ago. Anyone have a time line as to what changed? maybe work arounds? any info on these things would be appreciated as i cant do a shard without being able to edit my ass off in a visual sense.

As far as I know, you can't currently add new mounts. You can however, replace existing ones.

As for the shrinking into a boat part. You need to add any new Mobile ID's into shrink.cfg with whatever item you want it to appear as. I'm guessing (just a guess mind you) that if they aren't added, it defaults to the Mob's Item ID which in a lot of cases is some random item like boat parts.

Grrrr... That's so lame... Someone needs to break into the files and change that :p. What was the last client that allowed us to add such things?

i think we had functionality around 7.0.9 (ish) but then it started to go down hill... i just wanted confirmation on when it all dropped. I wouldnt even remember what to look for as far as slots for rideables anymore since its been forever and a day since i attempted such things.

just not for rides huh? im just trying to figure out something for being able to use the newest for of UO and what customizing options i have available to me hahaha

Back