So,

I'm wondering if it is possible to add custom (not replace) music for different areas of the map. For example, I built a city called Roma and I'd like to set a specific music to it instead of the normal music for wilderness.

So I looked in BaseRegion and didn't find anything, so since BaseRegion inherits from the core class (core meaning compiled into the server.exe) Region, I looked in the Region class, and it has the following:
public MusicName Music{ get{ return m_Music; } set{ m_Music = value; } }

So if you set Music in your custom region class, it should change the music in your region. It looks like it will only play music from the MusicName enum (also in Region.cs in the server core), not sure how you'd use custom music, since I imagine that would involve modifying/adding client files.

If you're looking to use the in-game music, but you just want to play a specific track from what is already there, I know the Custom Regions in a Box Script had the ability for you to choose the music you wanted for the region that you made. But (and someone correct me if I'm wrong here), from what I understand, the only way to add different music to the game is to replace the existing tracks with the names that are already in use. If that's correct, wouldn't that be a limitation of the client itself?

I've only replaced music before by swapping out different tracks, but keeping the names of those tracks the same as the ones that were already in use in game. I'm not sure about adding in a completely new track into the existing mix.

Anybody have a link to region in a box?
https://www.servuo.com/archive/custom-regions-in-a-box-cleaned-up-and-net-4-0.624/

Usage:
[add RegionControl in game to add a RegionControl.

Then doubleclick it and u have 3 options, disable skills, disable spells and make the actual region/area

for more options do [props and target the RegionControl, there u will see tons of options, such as no pvp, no heal, no housing, change music, location on death.. no potions etc

to see the region u are making on, do [Regionbounds and it will show you the area. :p

On build...

Errors:
+ Customs/[ServUO.com]-Custom Regions/Custom Regions/CustomRegion.cs:
CS0115: Line 215: 'Server.Regions.CustomRegion.AllowHarmful(Server.Mobile, Server.Mobile)': no suitable method found to override
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Back