Here is the issue I am having:

I have a website host with the MyRunUO files (website files) located on my website host. I had my website host open port 3306 to allow the website to connect to my local mysql database on my physical server box here at home. The "About Page" doesnt show the status of the server being "Online" and when I click on "Players" and "Guilds" tabs, it doesnt show anything except in black lettering "Database Access Error :" and nothing else is shown on those 2 pages. I have setup my database connections correctly with "config.php" file located on the website host. Here is what I have configured in the database section of that file:

// Edit your database settings:
$SQLhost = "108.xxx.xxx.xxx";
$SQLport = "3306";
$SQLuser = "root";
$SQLpass = "xxxxxxxxx";
$SQLdb = "myrunuo";
$mulpath = "MUL_FILES/"; // Edit path of .mul files: gumpart.mul gumpidx.mul hues.mul tiledata.mul
$validhosts = ""; // Leave blank to allow any host to use your paperdoll generator.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is what I have configured on my server machine with "Config.cs":

// Is MyRunUO enabled?
public static bool Enabled = true;
// Details required for database connection string
public const string DatabaseDriver = "MySQL ODBC 5.3 Unicode Driver";
public const string DatabaseServer = "localhost";
public const string DatabaseName = "myrunuo";
public const string DatabaseUserID = "root";
public const string DatabasePassword = "xxxxxxxxx";
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And here is what the webpages are saying, especially when server is on:

Players:
Players.jpg

Guilds:
Guilds.jpg

About:
About.jpg

Server is running:
Server.jpg

I have really been smacking my head against this all day. I have also tried the bind-address setting in my.ini and that doesnt work. I am open to solutions and suggestions.

Short Story: I would like the website to connect to my local MySQL database I have here at home on my physical server box that is a seperate machine from my desktop

UPDATE: Ok. I got a majority of the issue resolved from earlier. User error on my part but the "Status" of the server still shows as "Offline". Any Ideas?

let me access my files on webhost and my server and I will show you :)
[doublepost=1532202220][/doublepost]actually, it was right under my nose in the readme file and i misinterpreted it
[doublepost=1532202314][/doublepost]Step 3 – Editing /Scripts/Services/MyRunUO/Config.cs
Using your favorite text editor, edit the Config.cs file, change these settings, and save the file
-------------------------------------------------------------

Step 5 – Upload the web files
Make a home somewhere for your MyRunUO website. PHP 5 or newer is required. Upload the contents of the /www directory to your web root.
Edit the file config.php file and enter your Shard and Database server information, and save the file.

// Path
$base_ref="localhost"; // This is the root URL where your MyRunUO resides, minus the http://

// Shard Info - This will appear on your logo and also in the Razor setup image.
$shard_name="My Shard"; Your shard name
$shard_addr="localhost"; Your server name (ie. servuo.myhost.com)
$shard_port="2593"; your server port

// Edit your database settings:
$SQLhost = "localhost"; Your database server name (same as in Step 3)
$SQLport = "3306"; Your database server port, in most cases 3306
$SQLuser = "root"; Your database server login name (same as in Step 3)
$SQLpass = ""; Your database server password (same as in Step 3)
$SQLdb = "myrunuo"; The name of the database you created in Step 1

Step 5 is the only thing working minus the Server Offline status. Im trying to now configiure my server to connect to my webhosts database to"send"the server info to it

Last edited:
I got it working but my web host doesnt allow incoming traffic for query and sql and that was the issue I was having for what this post was about . it can only send out, not recieve unless we used a tunnel system then it could so I was with my web host support on live for over 2 hours and we couldnt get tunnelling enabled to communicate between my web host and my physical server box here at home. So I had to come up with another idea and decided to host the pages on my server box but used the webhost pages for people to create a login/username and then login from there. once they logged in it would take them to my pages on my server box

I got it working but my web host doesnt allow incoming traffic for query and sql and that was the issue I was having for what this post was about . it can only send out, not recieve unless we used a tunnel system then it could so I was with my web host support on live for over 2 hours and we couldnt get tunnelling enabled to communicate between my web host and my physical server box here at home. So I had to come up with another idea and decided to host the pages on my server box but used the webhost pages for people to create a login/username and then login from there. once they logged in it would take them to my pages on my server box

thx for the info i think i have the same problem

I think servuo should dump the old myrunuo and build a new system that is more up to date.

i agree. They have come so far with ServUO now and are close to EA's version. I dont think it would hurt if they did a project like that or have someone code it in for ServUO

I mean truthful we get where code came from nothing wrong with finally dumping all the old runuo code its out dated and no one really cares to much. If it has to do with credits just make a page or something. but its 2019 Servuo needs move on away from anything had to do with runuo.

truth be told most of the code has changed so much in servuo it doesn't even look like the old code.

Just my opinion

runUO and myrunUO are 2 completely different things. my runUO is a webpage based for either runuo or servuo. RunUO is the onlder server version. This one deals with myrunuo

Yeah i understand that. i know what myrunuo is it was post to be a replica of MyUO back in the old days.

MyRunUO/MyUO is has not been included in the main repo for over a year now. We have no plans to support the old code at this time.

I did not know that as, I am not looking at the code or even had got into the git hub to see any code. I'm just posting some ideas I'm only really here to see if anything still going on with emulators as hole.

Back