I have been working on a RunUO shard (version 2.2) for some time now, and am finally ready to launch it. I am not a coder by any means, but have managed to teach myself enough, with the generous help and custom scripts of the UO emulator community, to implement the vast majority of my desired features.

Unfortunately, I have hit a bit of a wall in actually launching the shard, and would be willing to compensate someone (depending on price) for sharing his or her expertise in this area, and helping me get this thing up and running. I have a loose idea of what needs to happen, but it is rather nebulous, and a few days of research has not made it less so.

I travel full time and do not have a set home, so I will have to use an external server. The shard itself compiles and runs (though it is not the prettiest, most efficient collection of code), I just need to rent a server (looking at ovh.com), upload everything, determine what/how to package/provide the necessary files, make sure players can connect, make sure I can navigate the external server (hopefully with a somewhat user friendly control panel), etc. I am not particularly tech-savvy, and have zero Linux experience. I am looking for someone willing to walk me through the process using small words and simple terms, offer a bit of advice and sanity checks, and make sure I have a basic understanding of the the process. I am also willing to do as much of the heavy lifting as possible.

Again, this is dependent on price, which we can discuss. Please feel free to send a PM if interested.

Back