ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
Stygian Abyss
Hello everyone! I am interested in starting a small custom shard mainly for me and my dad to play on but I am very new to all of this. I was wondering if anyone could provide any guidance or resources that could help me understand were to start and the basics of getting a shard up and running. Like I said I'm very very new to all of this so any and all help would be greatly appreciated! I hope anyone reading this is having a great day and thank you in advance!

Howdy!!

I based my install on this link:

Reading the header of your post, it seems you want the SA expansion. You will need to install Publish 57.3

Then.. what do you want/need to do?

A lot of questions are already answered here or on the Discord Server.. you can always join and search for my nick in the Support and Code channels.. I asked a bunch of them!

Howdy!!

I based my install on this link:

Reading the header of your post, it seems you want the SA expansion. You will need to install Publish 57.3

Then.. what do you want/need to do?

A lot of questions are already answered here or on the Discord Server.. you can always join and search for my nick in the Support and Code channels.. I asked a bunch of them!

I really appreciate the response!! I'll be sure to check out the channel you mentioned and the link!

The main things I'm looking to add would be custom monsters, maps, and armor. I'd also like to be able to raise the skill cap too 1000.

Will the commands listed in the thread you linked allow for my dad to join or would it be for a solo experience? Also, will the IP and port stated there work for me or will I have to use my own?

Thank you very much for the help!

I really appreciate the response!! I'll be sure to check out the channel you mentioned and the link!

The main things I'm looking to add would be custom monsters, maps, and armor. I'd also like to be able to raise the skill cap too 1000.

Will the commands listed in the thread you linked allow for my dad to join or would it be for a solo experience? Also, will the IP and port stated there work for me or will I have to use my own?

Thank you very much for the help!
Start by scanning and setting each file in the /Config folder.

Your dad joining depends on the Server.cfg file in the /Config folder. If you are in LAN, no need to make the server public. Otherwise you need to set it public. Use auto-detect all the way for your IP, it works great! Do not forget to open the port in your computer's firewall and port forward from your router. I strongly suggest you use a custom port, avoiding all "hacking 101: start by these ports!" reference if you go public.

**NOTE: Using Pub57.1 even if my config file was set to local only, people were still able to connect to my internet IP.. but the server was crashing the connection quickly tough.. (if it ever happens)

Raising the skill caps is also in a config file..

Most of the coding stuff you will work on/from is in /Scripts. Using basic logic it becomes very easy to find what you need.

I learned about creating custom mobs, items & co. by reproducing existing ones with another name and play with them.

Good luck!

Start by scanning and setting each file in the /Config folder.

Your dad joining depends on the Server.cfg file in the /Config folder. If you are in LAN, no need to make the server public. Otherwise you need to set it public. Use auto-detect all the way for your IP, it works great! Do not forget to open the port in your computer's firewall and port forward from your router. I strongly suggest you use a custom port, avoiding all "hacking 101: start by these ports!" reference if you go public.

**NOTE: Using Pub57.1 even if my config file was set to local only, people were still able to connect to my internet IP.. but the server was crashing the connection quickly tough.. (if it ever happens)

Raising the skill caps is also in a config file..

Most of the coding stuff you will work on/from is in /Scripts. Using basic logic it becomes very easy to find what you need.

I learned about creating custom mobs, items & co. by reproducing existing ones with another name and play with them.

Thank you for all the feedback! I was able to get it up and running and I think im starting to understand how to tinker with it.

I couldnt have done it without your help, seriously thank you!

Regarding the skills caps raising, I tried to raise in PlayerCaps.cfg, restart server, recompile but it still stuck at 700.

Would you help me please? Thank you

Back