Basically I want to create an item that appears to be a potion.

I want to be able to give it a name.

I want it to apply the property "flying" to "true" on the user upon using the item

(I don't want any flying interruption or anything just strait uninterrupted flying and no way to take off the flying effect)

This would be an awesome item if I could figure out how to make it into the game. I've tried copying a current potion but it doesn't work I can't get the script not to cause errors. Please help me out with this or show me in the direction of a script that I could customize. thanks

I had an idea to make it ez... maybe I can edit an ethy scrip... make the ethy invisible and make it not riding so I just run fast. and make it pop instantly. make it look like a potion and hopfully make it stay in the pack.

So you're just looking for a speed buff?

You might try the FastFeet resource.

lol that script looks crazy! it's not really something I'm looking for also it doesn't work. I'm just looking to have an item turn on my flying property so I don't have to type [props flying true every time I get in the game... also it would be cool when I finally get family and friends to play so they can click it instead of an ethy. Are there any tutorials for creating custom items? let me look...

What I need is something like this... but up to date with latest version of servuo

Last edited:
I'm unclear what you're trying to achieve. Just setting flying to true on players is a bad idea. There are many checks against flying elsewhere.

Are you just trying to set player speed to mounted speed? FastFeet certainly does work, I run it on my server as do many other people, it allows you to spawn a pair of foot slot items that set speed to mounted speed when equipped, and removes it when unequipped. It's very cleanly done, and generally bug free. You can disable the graphic effects easily so they just look like boots.

Otherwise, you might want to look at the resource in general, since the "OnEquipped" function show you how to effect a mobiles land speed easily. Which you can copy into most items by overriding the "OnDoubleClick".

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...Failed with: 1 errors, 0 warnings
Errors:
+ FastFeet.cs:
CS0103: Line 316: The name 'SpeedBoost' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 342: The name 'SpeedBoost' does not exist in the current context
CS0103: Line 93: The name 'SpeedBoost' does not exist in the current context
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.

I just dropped the fastfeet.cs into the scripts folder... is there where it goes?
Post automatically merged:

maybe I can replace speedboost with flying

lol I just saw this...

*Script Name: FastFeet *
*Author: Joeku AKA Demortris *
*For use with RunUO 2.0 *
*Client Tested with: 5.0.2b *
*Version: 1.0 *
*Initial Release: 06/27/06 *
*Revision Date: 06/27/06

this is for runuo and its over 10 years old... and I wonder why it doesn't work. har har har

I think I need a good guide or some golden advice.

hotdogs and mustard

Last edited:
Errors:
+ FastFeet.cs:
CS0117: Line 316: 'SpeedControl' does not contain a definition for 'Enabled'
CS0117: Line 342: 'SpeedControl' does not contain a definition for 'Disabled'
CS0117: Line 93: 'SpeedControl' does not contain a definition for 'Enabled'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

im putting MountSpeed instead of Enabled. IT WORKED

So when I open the file from the forum post that I linked here, I can't find a speedboost method at all. Here's mine, my repo is a bit old at this point, but should just drop in.

Attachments

• FastFeet.cs
    10.7 KB · Views: 18
hold on let me see if this actually worked the way I did it with that advice you told me

ok that's got what I was going to put in it hehe not sure if you did anything else to it.

LOL SICK IT WORKS!

*heck* yeah man I could enjoy these quite a bit... makes my life easier no longer have to type [set flying true and click myself

I forgot to say thank you... THANK YOU BRO you are awesome

Last edited:
You have to turn off fastwalk prevention in playermobile.cs to get the fastfeet shoes to work on regular player accounts... Just thought I would add this because I was seriously afraid I had malware or something. I went in and cleaned the script as much as I could because I thought it was some kinda script error... here have my version and also this is the code in playermobile.cs (They are called "Sprinting Sandals" and they are blessed. To add the item just add "fastfeet" to a loot system or player creation) Uuhhh credit goes to guy who made the script.. if I knew who you were I would be your friend lol

C#:
private static bool FastwalkPrevention = false; // Is fastwalk prevention enabled?

Back