ServUO Version
Publish 57
Ultima Expansion
The Second Age
So I have been gone many years due to severe itllnesses and recently decided to pull my old shard back out but i need to make adjustments. Just to get my refresh up in my mind, what files do I go too for MOTD, Player stats, and Shard name, stat sets and all. Seems like way basic to most you young people but being out so long has made me forget so much. A little nudge of the brain would be so greatly appreciated by me to you all. Have a Great Merry Christmas and/or Holiday depending on how you celebrate it. Thank you all .

If your working with the current ServUO (or a few versions back) all of that is located in the Config folder, besides MOTD you'd need to get it from Resources at the top of the page as it isn't part of ServUO.

If your working with the current ServUO (or a few versions back) all of that is located in the Config folder, besides MOTD you'd need to get it from Resources at the top of the page as it isn't part of ServUO.
Thanks so very much, Sometimes i think everyone has left this site. Merry Xmas !!!
I already have the items up and running but they were created 8yrs ago and now i dont know where to look to change them. I found a MOTD file but its "no message" applied in it, so somewhere i have another script that is doing a log on welcome msg and i am not sure what that script would be named/called , looking for it tho, any ideas do feel free to mention them, help is always appreciated, and thank you

For the one I use inside the Data folder is a folder named MOTD and inside it is a new.txt file that you type the motd into. After it's typed up in game you import it by using the command [motd and a gump pops up and you select Archive to import it and to read it you type motd without the [

For the one I use inside the Data folder is a folder named MOTD and inside it is a new.txt file that you type the motd into. After it's typed up in game you import it by using the command [motd and a gump pops up and you select Archive to import it and to read it you type motd without the [
Yup there it is !!! Thank you, why it cant be in the open Data filel I am not sure but it was in fact buried abit. Thank you so very much for this help !

It's in a folder inside Data so that the scripts for it knows where to access the motd for archiving while the server is running. It will create an archive folder inside the MOTD folder to store old motd's which lets players look at all of the past ones.

Back