Any idea if/when ServUO will be upgraded to support .NET 4.8? I have a new box waiting for servuo but it is suck on 4.8 and I cannot see a way to roll it back to 4.7.2

My existing servuo install on a 4.7.2 box just crashes when compiled on the new box.

So, either looking for a way to force 4.8 off the new box or a date of when servup will support 4.8?

When I fire up the servuo.exe on the new box using an exact copy of the folder and file structure from the old server I get this:

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 7139.34278 - Build on 7/19/2019 7:02:36 PM UTC - Release
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Core: Compiled for .NET MONO/CSC/Unknown
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...done (cached)
Scripts: Verifying...
Finished (6663 items, 1361 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.37 seconds)
DataPath: D:\Ultima Online Classic
Regions: Loading...done
World: Loading...
failed
Error: Type 'Server.Engines.Blackthorn.BeaconItem' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/n)
World: Loading...tiledata.mul was not found
Make sure your Scripts/Misc/DataPath.cs is properly configured
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate
An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Factions.FactionWarHorse
- Serial: 0x0000BF52
Delete the object? (y/n)

If I copy that same folder and file structure to a different location on the old server it works fine.

This relates to this earlier post https://www.servuo.com/threads/moving-servuo-to-a-different-computer.11401/#post-68129

It's not getting launched far enough to generate a crashlog that I can see.

Well it still says
World: Loading...tiledata.mul was not found

wich means it cant find the data files of the client

I did, but in this case it is different, the other thread you fixed the datapath befor, then the error changed while still having serialization issues.
But this time it cant find the tiledata.mul, thats a different issue there

So make sure the datapath is right and that it can find and access the tiledata, the error after that (if still existend) would be another case.
But sofar thats not a net framework issue.

I did, but in this case it is different, the other thread you fixed the datapath befor, then the error changed while still having serialization issues.
But this time it cant find the tiledata.mul, thats a different issue there

So make sure the datapath is right and that it can find and access the tiledata, the error after that (if still existend) would be another case.
But sofar thats not a net framework issue.

You're right, the datapath was incorrect. Here it is corrected:

ServUO - [https://www.servuo.com] Version 0.5, Build 7139.34278 - Build on 7/19/2019 7:02:36 PM UTC - Release
Core: Optimizing for 4 64-bit processors
Core: Compiled for .NET MONO/CSC/Unknown
RandomImpl: CSPRandom (Software)
Core: Loading config...
Finished (6663 items, 1361 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.25 seconds)
failed
Error: Type 'Server.Engines.Blackthorn.BeaconItem' was not found. Delete all of those types? (y/n)
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Multis.MediumBoat
- Serial: 0x40031904
Delete the object? (y/n)

ok since you will most likely have a backup of the saves, what happens when you delete the offending medium boat?

I went to the original back, over a month ago, same error on the new server, no error on the old server. The backup is a full folder backup of Servuo and all sub-folders.
Post automatically merged:

To be fair/clear - if I create a vanilla servuo installation on the new server, with .NET 4.8 it works just fine. The problems only occur when I try to migrate my existing server.

I get hundreds, literally, of items to delete... I've never had the patience to sit there and go through them all as each time it then crashes the server and I have to launch servuo again, wait, then get the next error.

ok if it is several different item types then its not a single items or baseclass serialisation issue, but rather a general one itself.
So it is still a interesting issue if it only appears on the newer server.

Did you try to replace the current save (on the newer server) with one of the backup saves? Just in case I mean?

Yes. Tried the backup saves idea.

Here's a bit more information

Finished (6663 items, 1361 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.23 seconds)
failed
World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Multis.PrisonerCamp
- Serial: 0x40021A86
Delete the object? (y/n)
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate.
yy
Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, data=False, type=Server.Multis.PrisonerCamp, serial=0x40021A86) ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'Server.MultiData' threw an exception. ---> System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'zlibwapi64': The specified module could not be found. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
at Server.Network.Compressor64.SafeNativeMethods.uncompress(Byte[] dest, Int32& destLen, Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLen)
at Server.Network.Compressor64.Decompress(Byte[] dest, Int32& destLength, Byte[] source, Int32 sourceLength) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Network\Compression.cs:line 286
at Server.MultiData.UOPLoad(String path) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\MultiData.cs:line 151
at Server.MultiData..cctor() in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\MultiData.cs:line 223
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.MultiData.GetComponents(Int32 multiID)
at Server.Items.BaseMulti.get_Components() in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Items\BaseMulti.cs:line 104
at Server.Map.OnEnter(Item item) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Map.cs:line 1731
at Server.Item.Deserialize(GenericReader reader) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Item.cs:line 3397
at Server.Items.BaseMulti.Deserialize(GenericReader reader) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Items\BaseMulti.cs:line 164
at Server.Multis.BaseCamp.Deserialize(GenericReader reader) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Scripts\Multis\Camps\BaseCamp.cs:line 283
at Server.Multis.PrisonerCamp.Deserialize(GenericReader reader) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Scripts\Multis\Camps\PrisonerCamp.cs:line 126
at Server.World.Load() in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\World.cs:line 661
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load() in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\World.cs:line 878
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args) in D:\Server 7.0\ServUO-master\Server\Main.cs:line 640
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

@PyrO

Bist du in deutschland oder österreich Der Link war zu einer deutschen Seite. Ich kann kein Deutsch, aber ich kann Google benutzen

Well it gets further, but seems to hang:

Finished (6663 items, 1361 mobiles, 5 customs) (1.29 seconds)
failed
World: Loading......done (231596 items, 43516 mobiles, 4 customs) (9.00 seconds)
ServerList: Auto-detecting public IP address...
ServerList: >>> services.servuo.com
ServerList: >>> api.ipify.org
ServerList: <<< 68.32.201.6
ServerList: Done: '68.32.201.6'
Restricting classic client version to 7.0.76.4. Action to be taken: LenientKick
Restricting enhanced client version to 67.0.59.0 SA. Action to be taken: Kick
Post automatically merged:

It's came up!

failed
World: Loading......done (231596 items, 43516 mobiles, 4 customs) (9.00 seconds)
ServerList: Auto-detecting public IP address...
ServerList: >>> services.servuo.com
ServerList: >>> api.ipify.org
ServerList: <<< 68.32.201.6
ServerList: Done: '68.32.201.6'
Restricting classic client version to 7.0.76.4. Action to be taken: LenientKick
Restricting enhanced client version to 67.0.59.0 SA. Action to be taken: Kick
[Honesty]: Generating...
[Honesty]: Generation completed in 0.00 seconds.
[Spawner Persistence v12] Removed Self Repair from 4 items.

Joeku's Staff Runebook: Loading...
Account: barclay... done.
Account: salteb... done.

Listening: 10.10.10.200:2593
Listening: 127.0.0.1:2593
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Warning: 1 bad spawns detected, logged: 'badspawn.log'

I'm going to poke around with the client.

Back