Hello everyone,

I am currently making my own server and am part of the RunUO forums and I was suggested to come over here and explore and interact with other individuals who are doing the same thing. I have been playing Ultima Online for 12 years now and I am at the point I am wanting to try and make my own version and the way I like it.

Thank you,

xLeithx

Your welcome :) We have many friendly members here

Milva, I know this probably isn't where I post, except I downloaded UO Architect and followed the instructions to a "T" and everything loads properly and then when I log into the Ultima Online game and open UO Architect I get an error message saying

"UO Architect 2.7.3
Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately."

Except maybe this is the problem because on the RunUO black screen it says UO Architect Server for RunUO 2.0 and I am running 2.5. The reason I ask is because I know you suggest to come here, if I should post this concern in a different area I certainly can.

When you open UO architect go over Options make sure to uncheck Auto-Detect And fill the space below with your UO folder. Also dont forget to fill Multi.ixd path and multi.mul path. I am pretty sure your was because of this if you you should give us more information!

Also Welcome to ServUO ! Glad you came here its a good place to be and ServUO is really a powerfull emulator!

UO Architect has no been updated in a very long time-if your using a very high client, I would suggest getting a game client about :7.0.23.1 then go to options and point to this client. If you need a link for this let me know, as pandora will also be the same

When you open UO architect go over Options make sure to uncheck Auto-Detect And fill the space below with your UO folder. Also dont forget to fill Multi.ixd path and multi.mul path. I am pretty sure your was because of this if you you should give us more information!

Hi Aztala,

Ok, so I clicked that box in options and I am still getting the same message when I open it (in posted picture) and from what Milva is saying that my problem seems to arise from the fact I am currently running a higher version. The reason I am running with client 7.0.45.0 is because I was just playing OSI not to long about (about 2 months ago) and that is what appears. I don't know how to run a older version of Ultima Online and if I do run a older version I wouldn't know how to give it to a couple of buddies who live in a different country. We play on the server together and that is why we used 7.0.45.0 and because we have no idea how to alter anything. lol

Attachments

• UO Architect problem.png
    UO Architect problem.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 5
UO Architect has no been updated in a very long time-if your using a very high client, I would suggest getting a game client about :7.0.23.1 then go to options and point to this client. If you need a link for this let me know, as pandora will also be the same

For Pandora's Box, I have it currently for RunUO 2.5 and client 7.0.45.0 if appears to be working properly as I built a couple building on the server already using it. Just there is no pictures like you had in one of your posts. I tried to place an update on the Pandora's Box forum to allow individuals to know what I have come across.

But I believe Milva Is right about your client but just try changing those setting to your and maybe it will work. Also make sur you have the following file in the folder of your executable : Ultima.dll, OrbServerSDK.dll, UOArchitectInterface.dll. If this is not working or the error windows show on the program opening there is a file named UO Architect.xml that you can modifie mine look like it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
  <clientDirectory>E:\GAME\UO</clientDirectory>
  <prefix>[</prefix>
  <multiPatch multiIdxTarget="E:\GAME\UO\multi.idx" multiMulTarget="E:\GAME\UO\MULTI.MUL" />
  <server id="a937c1a7-2fca-4763-a59c-58f586c169a0">
  <name>Home</name>
  <password>ACCOUNTPASSWORD</password>
  <ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
  <port>2594</port>
  <acct>ACCOUNTNAME</acct>
  </server>
</settings>
ai58.tinypic.com_2gt7xfn.png

Ok I stand corrected-just tested with a higher client and it did work fine, just some of the newer walls, like board and batten won't give a preview with out an exception. You can extract and place just fine though.

But I believe Milva Is right about your client but just try changing those setting to your and maybe it will work. Also make sur you have the following file in the folder of your executable : Ultima.dll, OrbServerSDK.dll, UOArchitectInterface.dll. If this is not working or the error windows show on the program opening there is a file named UO Architect.xml that you can modifie mine look like it:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<settings>
  <clientDirectory>E:\GAME\UO</clientDirectory>
  <prefix>[</prefix>
  <multiPatch multiIdxTarget="E:\GAME\UO\multi.idx" multiMulTarget="E:\GAME\UO\MULTI.MUL" />
  <server id="a937c1a7-2fca-4763-a59c-58f586c169a0">
  <name>Home</name>
  <password>ACCOUNTPASSWORD</password>
  <ip>127.0.0.1</ip>
  <port>2594</port>
  <acct>ACCOUNTNAME</acct>
  </server>
</settings>
View attachment 3107

So, I changed the settings as you recommended and I posted a picture. I don't think it will work and I am going to be forced to use a older client unless you understand the error message I am getting. So, now with the older client, how do I get the friends to use it? They have to download a older client or since I am hosting the server on my computer they can just log in normally using razor.

Attachments

• Updated.png
    Updated.png
    206.2 KB · Views: 4
Ok I stand corrected-just tested with a higher client and it did work fine, just some of the newer walls, like board and batten won't give a preview with out an exception. You can extract and place just fine though.

Is that regarding Pandora's Box? Because I don't get a single preview.

Your friend will need to use the old client by it I mean same client you are using on your runuo server otherwise RunUO while maybe not allow then to log in.

Sorry, no it's for UO Architect :)

Alright, so it does work for RunUO-2.5 server using Client 7.0.45.0. I was able to place a castle in the grass lands. Except, I am unable to make a new design, preview already constructed items, and there is a very small amount of options to pick from. I posted a picture of what I can get and place. So, this is good news for people that might want to upgrade to a newer version. Just trying to get all the quirks figured out is the hard part. haha

Attachments

• Limited..png
    Limited..png
    28.7 KB · Views: 4
I have always used the lower version client- just tested with normal UO walls- with client 7.0.35.23 (which is not my highest client) I can extract and place but the preview will not work-so I will keep with the lower client :) @xLeithx

Now I should suggest you to go to http://www.servuo.com/forum/uo-architect-structures.39/ There is a lot of premad you can use!

Good morning,

Alright, I can resist trying to play with the new items I can try and place in Ultima Online.... I tried to download a file and placed it on my desktop and imported it into architect. I really wish I could preview, build, and edit.... Architect needs to be updated for the current version. lol

Last edited:
Maybe this has to do with the windows your using- I'm going to send this to
3rd Party Support I would also suggest reading any posts which have to do with UO Architect and problems. You need to use [unfreeze for wiping an area, you won't see changes until you point the server to the new files- so if this is your first time, there should be a few posts which explain how to :)

Maybe this has to do with the windows your using- I'm going to send this to
3rd Party Support I would also suggest reading any posts which have to do with UO Architect and problems. You need to use [unfreeze for wiping an area, you won't see changes until you point the server to the new files- so if this is your first time, there should be a few posts which explain how to :)

I have searched online to look for a solution to the issue, but I am unable to find anything. I try and figure things out the best I can. Did you remove the post I made to a different spot? That is awesome and maybe the 3rd party support might have an idea. I am running Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium. For the unfreezing, I will look on the forums more, I have noticed that you have to make like a tempt file.

Back