RandomGuy

Citizen
ServUO Version
Publish 58
Ultima Expansion
Endless Journey
Ok, so I added the militiafighter.cs script to my mobiles folder. Server loads fine without errors.

I am not seeing it on the xmladd list when I create a spawner. Is this normal or is there a definition add I need to do in another file?

Also, I have a hand full of 'bad type' mobiles in the list. Whats the general way to correct these?

Thanks in advance. I program but i'm new to C#.
 

manwitch

Citizen
Try adding the new mobile with the gm using... [add newmobilesexactname you should get a cursor and target the ground and the mobile should be there. If it isn't there is probably something wrong with the script (not familiar with the militiafighter.cs) if it shows up then, well I don't know what's wrong lol. But it means you should be able to add it to the spawner.

ETA- also if you type just part of the name it should bring up a gump with all your options so like if you want an elvin chair you can type [add elvin and all items and mobiles with elvin in the name will show in the gump.
 

RandomGuy

Citizen
Ok, so the server isn't recognizing the mobile. I took the wandering healer file and copied it. Only thing I changed was the name (set to crazyhealer) in the three places it was in the code. filename matches the new name. Restarted server and it still isn't picking it up. Grrrr!!! I'm about outta hair.

public class CrazyWanderingHealer : BaseHealer
{
[Constructable]
public CrazyWanderingHealer()
{
Title = "the mental";
Karma = -10000;

AddItem(new GnarledStaff());

SetSkill(SkillName.Camping, 80.0, 100.0);
SetSkill(SkillName.Forensics, 80.0, 100.0);
SetSkill(SkillName.SpiritSpeak, 80.0, 100.0);
}

public CrazyWanderingHealer(Serial serial)
: base(serial)
{
}
 

manwitch

Citizen
Ok. Now I am not sure about this at all but worth investigating. I see your on publish 58.... I think, at one point, I saw something about having to recompile the core not just restart the shard to get new scripts to be recognized in publish 58.
 

RandomGuy

Citizen
I think you hit the nail on the head. I was using a package labeled ServUO-master I got back in February. I was having some other issues also and I'm seeing it was probably from what you just suggested. Anyways, I ended up 86ing that and downloaded the current offered 57.1 and set it up. Server load takes a bit longer (compiling scripts now) but everything is going fine now.