I know this is different but I have hit the wall.

I have a Server running RunUO Version 2.0 and have tried (a number of times and always failed) to create some new mounts for my Server. I have searched and tried many things on this project (off and on) over the past few years. Obviously I am missing steps and am too challenged to make this work.

I did eventually find a 'Release' here of some client side .MUL files that included some of the mounts I hoped to get but when I tried to use those files on my Server . . a lot of other things became broken (items would no longer stack etc).

I'm pretty much at the end of my rope on this project and am hoping someone can help. I do not mind paying $$ for this one because I have no hair or confidence left to try it myself. Note: I am looking for mounts that do 'not' go invisible when someone mounts them.

If anyone is able . . I could send copies of the required files from my server. I have no problem distributing the altered files to my player base when the project is finished.

In particular I am looking to add ridable versions of:
- Revenant Lion
- Drake
- Sphinx
- Giant Black Widow Spider
- Skeletal Dragon

Sorry . . but I don't know what else to try on this.

Many Thanks

*hoping for a PM*

Sorry . . I forgot to add (if it helps):

My Server is using RunUO Version 2.1 Build 6905.732 with a UO client patched to 6.0.14.4

Thank you for looking at this and considering the issue I am having.

It is possible some may have missed this and it is possible some may not realize I will actually pay $$ for help on this project I cannot do myself.

I am hoping for Christmas to come early so if you know how to make these steeds possible . . please PM me to discuss what files you need from me and how I can send payment to you.

Many Thanks

*bows*

So, with your client, there are numerous ways to add new mounts. All require UOFiddler.

This tutorial, here on this very site, is dated... And as I glance over it, you'll use slightly different tools, but it is serviceable. If you already have the .vd file, you can start at step 7. You'll use UOFiddler in place of MulPatcher. In Fiddler you go to animations > settings > animation edit. You can also still use MulPatcher if you want.

You can also just use Fiddler to replace existing crappy mount animations with better ones.

Thank you Anon.

I have tried most of that in the past and simply messed up along the line. I do really appreciate your time on this and your reply.

That is for sure. I have tried this many times and just get no where. I am pretty much resigned to the fact I am clueless working with these different files types and 3rd party programs. For me it has been a long and frustrating experience. I am still prepared to pay for the experienced help if it exists out there in the community. I know it is a resignation but I'm not ashamed to admit I have been beat on this one.

So . . the quest for success continues but still eludes me.

Nothing I try works. I just can't get my head around the process and probably don't have the talent to make the graphics.

I do have copies of tiledata.mul and anim.mul containing the mounts I seek that someone uploaded and posted. When I try using their files on my shard . . other things become broken (items no longer stack etc.)

So . . My question is:

Is there a way to extract/export the graphics and properties for the mounts I want from their files and then copy/import that information into my files?

I haven't found any Tutorials related to doing something like that. Maybe it can't be done.

(My offer to actually pay someone to work on my files to add a couple new mounts still stands if you PM me on that.)

Any information/direction/help on this would be very gratefully appreciated.

Many Thanks

Back