Hi guys, I'm a newcomer. I'm the admin of a new unofficial full-rpg italian server with a sort of "steam punk \ victorian era " setting. We're still working on our shard and we honestly have lots of things to do (we're trying to make the close quarters combat with weapong more reactive giving the player the possibility to decide when to block an attack with a shield or with a weapon, or try to dodge it if you have the required dexterity, remaking poisoning skill, wounds and permadeath system, plague system, etc... etc...)

Well then, I play UO since 20 years, and I clearly remember an old skill called "riding" made on Sphere or Pol (I don't remember the emulator used to create it), and we definetely would like to recreate it replacing the "chivalry" skill.

The skill "riding" in a nutshell:
The more you ride a mountable pet, the more you gain in the skill. It also determinates the % to resist the effects of "dismount" special attack. When capped, you basically totally resist dismount.

Do you know if any good script about the skill exist for modern emulators, or we better make it new?

Since I'm not the scripter, and mine is very busy in making the combat system and the other mechanics, could someone provides us this script?
Credits of course.

Thank you in advance !

P.S. We're looking for another scripter to join in the team :D so don't hesitate guys!

Once complete, we will give you the entire server, to open it in you own country as a token of our gratitude.

Last edited:
This is exactly what you need, Lokai Skills

https://www.servuo.com/archive/lokai-skills-tree-harvesting-building-construction.283/

AnimalRiding – (COMPLETE) – this Skill will determine if you can stay mounted. (I always thought it was strange that everyone was born in UO with a natural ability to ride any animal. This Skill makes some animals harder to ride than others.)

About the antidismount when capped its easy to implement inside dismount.cs

Last edited:
Back