oracle

Citizen
Hey all,

New to ServUO and pretty much to UO too. I have been playing U6 and U7 (via Nuvie and Exult) and was always curious in UO. However I’m not much of a MMORPG fan myself, but from what I understood is I can also play it offline singleplayer style (right?)

I got some hours into Odyssey already and now I also would like to try the original via ServUO. Im trying to figure out on how to set up just now and what I need so some pointers would be nice. Most likely I’ll ask for help later as it seems tricky to set up… I expect that the guide on the webpage might not be detailed enough for me, lol. Also I do need to have the world generated with NPC, monsters and such.

There is something about the style, the feel of adventure and lack of a linear path that pulls me so much that I do want to put in some effort in to get it to work! Hope you guys can guide me when I hit the wall!

Everlast

Citizen
Ok mate,lets go!
1º-Download latest ServUo repo: https://github.com/ServUO/ServUO/archive/57.zip
2º-Download Ultima online client from uo.com and let the client update untill finished:
*Classic client: http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20120309/UOClassicSetup_7_0_24_0.exe
*Enhanced client: http://web.cdn.eamythic.com/us/uo/installers/20101118/UOEnhancedSetup_4_0_10_1.exe
3º-Unzip your ServUo publish 57 where you want.I use it on my desktop.
4º-Go to folder Scripts/Misc/Datapath.CS and open it with your editor.
*if you dont have editor,i use sublime text 3: https://download.sublimetext.com/Sublime Text Build 3211 x64 Setup.exe
5º-Inside DataPath.CS,around line number 21 you find this:
C#:
private static readonly string CustomPath = Config.Get(@"DataPath.CustomPath", default(string));
-Change this line with the path to your Ultima Online installation,i show you mine:
C#:
private static string CustomPath = @"C:\Users\Kiko\Desktop\Client SERVER";
-For more clean and secure,you can just comment the first line with "//",and add the new one with your path like this:

C#:
//private static readonly string CustomPath = Config.Get(@"DataPath.CustomPath", default(string));
6º-Now save changes in DataPath.CS and close the editor.
7º-Go to ServUo publish 57 folder,and run the file named "Compile.WIN - Release".(I asume you using windows).
8º-Follow the instructions you can see in console until world is loaded and port is listening.The emulator will ask you to create your Administrator account.
9º-Open your favorite game assistant and choose the client and client folder you updated before.Set ip 127.0.0.1 and port 2593 and enter the world.
10º-Use command [CreateWorld and create it.now just wait,depending on machine.
11º-Enjoy your new world.
Here is a great tutorial to get started in ServUo:
Read this,is better than i say,but i hope it help you man! Welcome!

oracle

Citizen
Do you mean just the running the original EC without ServUO?
Seems when I run ServUO and boot up Ultima-adventures after I do get options to zoom and enlarge the screen. I think this might be they way I'm going to play. Just going through options what are possible and what not. I believe in general the EC doesnt get much love overal vs the CC?

Tukaram

Squire
I use ServUO, but there is a different loader for the EC. UOSALoader.
I have no idea what Ultima-adventures is, though... (I know what it was back in the early 90s)

oracle

Citizen
Well I managed to do all i wanted, now time to enjoy the masterpieces that kept alive by an awesome community!

Voxpire

Vita-Nex: Core
Administrator
5º-Inside DataPath.CS,around line number 21 you find this:
C#:
private static readonly string CustomPath = Config.Get(@"DataPath.CustomPath", default(string));
-Change this line with the path to your Ultima Online installation,i show you mine:
C#:
-For more clean and secure,you can just comment the first line with "//",and add the new one with your path like this:

C#:
//private static readonly string CustomPath = Config.Get(@"DataPath.CustomPath", default(string));
6º-Now save changes in DataPath.CS and close the editor.
This part isn't necessary, that's why the /Config/DataPath.cfg exists.