ServUO Version
Publish Unknown
Ultima Expansion
None
My friend wants to make a night system, but it would be useless since light is client sided, and players can have always light on
is there a way or any idea for a night system wich cannot be bypassed by client?

thanks!

No, not possible. You could however make a custom classicuo client that would prevent the client changing it (with the current means)

currently we have some kind of night system using LOS, but it lacks immersion since the light still there

You could go into the scripts for spells nightsight and potions etc and set the light value lower so its not a full level 30 and play around with light levels that way. there are ways to do it so that access levels for players dont have access to higher light levels. but as far as tools like razor and not sure about classicuo since i dont use it if it bypasses lightlevels.

My friend wants to make a night system, but it would be useless since light is client sided, and players can have always light on
is there a way or any idea for a night system wich cannot be bypassed by client?

thanks!
There is another tough decision. You could try to change the compiled code of the original client using specialized utilities and just change the packet value that will be responsible for GlobalLight. The assistants-soft will stop processing this package, and on the server side you can continue to process these packets.
But it should be understood that all players will have to update the version of the game client. For this purpose, game patchers / launchers are usually used.

I am using a script on my RunUO server, Assistants.cs. It allows FilterLight (and other features) to be disabled for Razor and (I think) UOSteam. This is not a perfect fix, and I believe a savvy player can find a way to circumvent this, but you might give it a try. I also do not think it works for other assistant programs, but perhaps it can be modified. The game does gain a lot of atmosphere and jus tlooks better in general with light levels working, in my opinion.

This is the RunUO version, so I am not sure whether it will work on ServUO, and I am not sure if there is a version for ServUO. If it does not work, I suspect that it would not be difficult to get it to work, as the two are similar.

This is how I have my Assistants script set (line 26):
Code:
public static void Configure()
            {
                DisallowFeature( Features.FilterLight );
                DisallowFeature( Features.FilterWeather );
                DisallowFeature( Features.FilterSeason );
            }

I am also using Morexton's Time System, which allows for day and night cycles, varying light levels based on time of day, cycle of the moon, etc.

Last edited:
Back