Hi!

I understand from watching the YouTube tutorial how to set up ServUO...but I want to have a HOSTED server. Not one on my home network/computer. I tried renting a cheap Windows 2008 Virtual Server but couldn't figure out how to get FTP or files set up on it. Is there a tutorial somewhere for someone like me? I couldn't find a tutorial anywhere on this topic, please help!

To get FTP running on Windows Server 2K8 you will need to run an FTP Server. There are many out there that you could utilize. or you could log into your server and download the files directly there.

hi,

it's most likely easier to just Download the Files with the Server via Remote Access, FTP usually takes longer:)

FTP is quick in my experience. on a 20MB Dual Band Fibre connection for external access I have no issues. Also my personal connection will be at gigabit ;)

At some point it seems like youll want to remote in to your server anyway, so why not just remote into it and set up servuo?

hey,

First:
well FTP connection from your home to a Hosted Server is never faster then a Direct Download on the Server else i wouldnt use that Server as the Download Rate would be Lower or same as your Home UPLOAD.

Secound:
You need a Full Remote control of the Server else i have no idea how you want to start the .exe file to Start the Server.

About me:
I use a Hosted (Strato) German Root Server, connect via Remote to it and do everything that has to do with the Server right there. It's less confusing for me, you prolly gonna lose the Track at start what you installed on the Testserver and what is on the Live one plus some Scripts are a little harder to Install not just Drag and Drop so you have to change some Code on the Server and belive me you dont want to do it Twice if it works.

may i ask you why dont want it on your Home Computer?? Getting Players is almost impossible if your aren't able to Setup the first steps alone to Start a Shard i see there no future for the Open World, maybe you find some Real Friends who play with you but there are alot of Cracks out there with really Crazy Shards which takes alot really ALOT of time to setup like that, and even they have problems to find Players for thair Shards.

Think about it what you gonna do with the Root beside UO if theres nothing or almost nothing then it's gonna be a waste of money, here in Germany Root Servers aren't that cheep!

If you still need Assistance you can contact me here in the Forum or ICQ 292228750 or Email: [email protected]

This Post isn't meant to Attack someone just to make some things clear.

Back