After setting up options in Config folder and making sure DATAPATH points to the proper Classic client location, executing Compile.WIN - Release.bat ends up with it being impossible to access ServUO.exe afterward.

Files are in Documents, everything seems okay - running things with Administrator rights... what gives? Win10 64 OS.

Attachments

• Error.png
    Error.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 18
Did you check the security on servuo? maybe right click-then props and check security?

Full control is already enabled for all applicable users in security properties for the file in question. All the check marks are there across the board.

Well heck maybe some one can help then all I can say -its on E drive -so your game client is also on same drive?

Yup. Relocated them to C: and into Documents just to make sure everything was in order as can be - and updated the DATAPATH accordingly.

Still tells me I'm locked out of the generated EXE.

All retries of install/compile end up like this, with a unaccessable EXE. Tried the newest build and the latest stable build.

BOTH have this happen.

I'm using windows 10 and had no problem getting a test server to run-lets go backwards again :) so you ran the Compile.WIN- after this finished- you then have all your folders for servuo and the servuo exe- your game client is patched up and the datapath.cfg is pointed to your game client. You use run as admin on the exe.
Just trying to help :)

Yes. As far as I can see, I have done all the things.

Attachments

• Error Situation 2.png
    Error Situation 2.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Error Situation 1.png
    Error Situation 1.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Error Situation 3.png
    Error Situation 3.png
    41.9 KB · Views: 8
Everything looks good so not sure why it would say you may not have permissions -my last thought would be to add it to your firewall ? Hopefully some one who has had this problem can help

Just figured it out:

Avast Antivirus apparently had blocked and prevented it from being able to execute each and every time without letting myself or the rest of the universe know about it until I finally caught it in the act - must have been not showing the popup warning.

Things are good here now, thanks for your time and patience. Have a happy new year!

Yes! Happy to hear you did figure it out have to admit I never thought about a virus program blocking :)

Back