buro.png For some reason if i allow npctigering any NPC tigers the spawn even a horse. im trying to make a npc called Natalie to tiger it, i want only natalie to tiger the spawn, not other npcs, i also tried to add Karma = 15000 and give natalie 150000 karma, but the horse still tigers the spawn, whats wrong?

Code:
<Spawns>
  <Points>
    <Name>buro</Name>
    <UniqueId>d6a6ee18-930d-410c-8d2a-8e04a55fa243</UniqueId>
    <Map>Felucca</Map>
    <X>2615</X>
    <Y>970</Y>
    <Width>0</Width>
    <Height>0</Height>
    <CentreX>2615</CentreX>
    <CentreY>970</CentreY>
    <CentreZ>0</CentreZ>
    <Range>5</Range>
    <MaxCount>2</MaxCount>
    <MinDelay>2</MinDelay>
    <MaxDelay>2</MaxDelay>
    <DelayInSec>True</DelayInSec>
    <Duration>0,166666666666667</Duration>
    <DespawnTime>0</DespawnTime>
    <ProximityRange>1</ProximityRange>
    <ProximityTriggerSound>55</ProximityTriggerSound>
    <ProximityTriggerMessage>This is for you. thanks!</ProximityTriggerMessage>
    <MobTriggerName>Natalie</MobTriggerName>
    <TriggerProbability>1</TriggerProbability>
    <InContainer>False</InContainer>
    <MinRefractory>0</MinRefractory>
    <MaxRefractory>0</MaxRefractory>
    <TODStart>0</TODStart>
    <TODEnd>0</TODEnd>
    <TODMode>0</TODMode>
    <KillReset>1</KillReset>
    <ExternalTriggering>False</ExternalTriggering>
    <SequentialSpawning>-1</SequentialSpawning>
    <AllowGhostTriggering>False</AllowGhostTriggering>
    <AllowNPCTriggering>True</AllowNPCTriggering>
    <SpawnOnTrigger>False</SpawnOnTrigger>
    <SmartSpawning>False</SmartSpawning>
    <WayPoint>SERIAL,0x4000861C</WayPoint>
    <Team>0</Team>
    <Amount>1</Amount>
    <IsGroup>False</IsGroup>
    <IsRunning>True</IsRunning>
    <IsHomeRangeRelative>True</IsHomeRangeRelative>
    <Objects2>Gold/Amount/RND,1000,1500/:MX=1:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=1:PR=-1:OBJ=:MX=0:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=0:PR=-1:OBJ=:MX=0:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=0:PR=-1</Objects2>
  </Points>
</Spawns>

if i add SETONTRIGMOB/hidden/true it even hides the horse.. wth..

MobTriggerName "Natalie" Should be enough to make spawn tigger by Natalie and only natalie, shouldnt it be?

Last edited:
The easiest way to achieve this, without other NPCs triggering the Xmlspawner is to give the NPC something unique. Sometimes I use small items, like reagents, or silverware, change the name to something like: MyTriggerItem1. Now on the Xmlspawner, you would set the TriggerObject to the name of MyTriggerItem1. Make sure you use the name that appears when you hover over the trigger object, because that is what the Xmlspawner will be looking for.
So, as an example, Natalie's spawn entry, based on Natalie being a QuestNPC:
Code:
1. XmlQuestNPC,1/Name/Natalie/ADD,1/<ginseng/name/MyTriggerItem1/hue/34/movable/false>

Natalie will spawn with red ginseng in her backpack, named MyTriggerItem1 and the item will not be movable (which means no one can loot it). If you try to hide the item, the Xmlspawner won't see it.

Yeah.. on second spawner, at ''triggerobject'' i targeted the red ginseng and the serial shows up there.

Natalie comes close to the spawn and it tigers it, then if i spawn any other mobile near the spawn they tiger it too, weird!

Code:
<Spawns>
  <Points>
    <Name>buro</Name>
    <UniqueId>d6a6ee18-930d-410c-8d2a-8e04a55fa243</UniqueId>
    <Map>Felucca</Map>
    <X>2615</X>
    <Y>970</Y>
    <Width>0</Width>
    <Height>0</Height>
    <CentreX>2615</CentreX>
    <CentreY>970</CentreY>
    <CentreZ>0</CentreZ>
    <Range>5</Range>
    <MaxCount>2</MaxCount>
    <MinDelay>2</MinDelay>
    <MaxDelay>2</MaxDelay>
    <DelayInSec>True</DelayInSec>
    <Duration>0,166666666666667</Duration>
    <DespawnTime>0</DespawnTime>
    <ProximityRange>1</ProximityRange>
    <ProximityTriggerSound>55</ProximityTriggerSound>
    <ProximityTriggerMessage>This is for you. thanks!</ProximityTriggerMessage>
    <ObjectPropertyItemName>MyTriggerItem1,Ginseng</ObjectPropertyItemName>
    <TriggerProbability>1</TriggerProbability>
    <InContainer>False</InContainer>
    <MinRefractory>0</MinRefractory>
    <MaxRefractory>0</MaxRefractory>
    <TODStart>0</TODStart>
    <TODEnd>0</TODEnd>
    <TODMode>0</TODMode>
    <KillReset>1</KillReset>
    <ExternalTriggering>False</ExternalTriggering>
    <SequentialSpawning>-1</SequentialSpawning>
    <AllowGhostTriggering>False</AllowGhostTriggering>
    <AllowNPCTriggering>False</AllowNPCTriggering>
    <SpawnOnTrigger>True</SpawnOnTrigger>
    <SmartSpawning>False</SmartSpawning>
    <WayPoint>SERIAL,0x4000861C</WayPoint>
    <Team>0</Team>
    <Amount>1</Amount>
    <IsGroup>False</IsGroup>
    <IsRunning>True</IsRunning>
    <IsHomeRangeRelative>True</IsHomeRangeRelative>
    <Objects2>Gold/Amount/RND,1000,1500/:MX=1:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=1:PR=-1:OBJ=:MX=0:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=0:PR=-1:OBJ=:MX=0:SB=0:RT=0:TO=0:KL=0:RK=0:CA=1:DN=-1:DX=-1:SP=0:PR=-1</Objects2>
  </Points>
</Spawns>

(i have AllowNPCTrig) set to true, if i set it to false spawn dont work.

If i set allownpctrig to false and i carry the item it tigers whenever i get closer, so the problem is the AllowNPCTrig, that any npc will triger the spawn no matter what are the settings

this is annoying it ruined the quest project i had in mind :(

Attachments

• horsetrig.png
    horsetrig.png
    82 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
I've used a similar set up many times before and never had an issue with multiple NPCs triggering an Xmlspawner. Try removing the MobTriggerName, because that could be the issue (if the name is Natalie the Beggar for example and you just have Natalie). You should not have to target the ginseng, just type the name it displays (MyTriggerItem1) and leave off the type (Ginseng). Use that on the TriggerOnCarried instead.

There is a significant difference between the version of Xmlspawner you have and the one I have...Yours says:

Code:

However, mine says:

Code:
<ItemTriggerName>CDTrigger_Orc1</ItemTriggerName>

Hopefully this core change didn't break this function. Unfortunately, Xmlspawner doesn't distinguish between using multiple selectors (NPC's name, trigger objects, carried objects, speech triggers, etc). What I mean by this is that if you set multiple selectors, any one of them will trigger the Xmlspawner. They aren't combined into one complex selection. (This would be a nice feature for a future update: the ability to toggle between using multiple selectors together or independently, i.e. Use Multiple Selectors, True=Together/False=Independent.)

I've used a similar set up many times before and never had an issue with multiple NPCs triggering an Xmlspawner. Try removing the MobTriggerName, because that could be the issue (if the name is Natalie the Beggar for example and you just have Natalie). You should not have to target the ginseng, just type the name it displays (MyTriggerItem1) and leave off the type (Ginseng). Use that on the TriggerOnCarried instead.

There is a significant difference between the version of Xmlspawner you have and the one I have...Yours says:

Code:

However, mine says:

Code:
<ItemTriggerName>CDTrigger_Orc1</ItemTriggerName>

Hopefully this core change didn't break this function. Unfortunately, Xmlspawner doesn't distinguish between using multiple selectors (NPC's name, trigger objects, carried objects, speech triggers, etc). What I mean by this is that if you set multiple selectors, any one of them will trigger the Xmlspawner. They aren't combined into one complex selection. (This would be a nice feature for a future update: the ability to toggle between using multiple selectors together or independently, i.e. Use Multiple Selectors, True=Together/False=Independent.)

It works!, i was doing it wrong then :/

What a powerful tool xmlspawner ♥, Btw im trying to turn on SmartSpawning.. but it doesnt seem to work,

i type: [smartstat

It saiys Running Xmlspawner Version 3.24
------------------------

configured for SmartSpawning currently inactivated
Sectors being monitored spawn count 38026

-------------------------------

So i type

global set smartspawning true where xmlspawner

it says Property has ben set. (4217)

i type smartstat and it says that is currently inactivated (just like before i run the command)

i also go to any spawner, change the nextspawn tick to zero and mob just respawn and it shouldnt because there are no players around, right?

I don't know if SmartSpawning is still working. The NextSpawn is the counter that displays when the spawn will happen (i.e. if you set a min of 2 minutes and a max of 5 minutes, the NextSpawn time is when the Xmlspawner will spawn in between those two values.)

Your Min/Max Delay are what mostly control when something spawns. There are other factors too, like TriggerOnCarried, but the Min/Max delay still determines when whatever will spawn (think of the TriggerOnCarried as what is turning the Xmlspawner on and the Min/Max delay are what make something spawn).

SmartSpawning, I don't think, isn't much of an issue anymore. There generally isn't enough traffic on a free shard to cause problems (even with several hundred actual players playing at the same time). Your mobile count increases, of course, memory usage, etc, but considering how far things have come technology-wise since SmartSpawning was introduced, I think it would take a lot to take down a free shard because SmartSpawning is turned off.

Yes you are 100% righ.

Hmmm is there a way to make xmlquestnpc to move WAY faster, even run?

im spawning a mounted npc at currentspeed/0.1 but is not moving fast at all, 1 step, stops, 1 step,stops

ive searching at xmlforums, artegordon said a small mod to avoid this problem if im not wrong.

Code:
     // ARTEGORDONMOD
  // no fidgeting while mounted
            if (Body.IsHuman && !Mounted)
            {
                if (!Mounted)
                    switch (Utility.Random(2))
                    {
                        case 0: Animate(5, 5, 1, true, true, 1); break;
                        case 1: Animate(6, 5, 1, true, false, 1); break;
                    }
            }

The lower the current speed the faster npc moves right?

currentspeed/0.1 and currentspeed/0.001 are the same thing :/ any idea?

currentspeed/0.0 makes the npc skip tiles like a speedhacker :D

Load the boulder.xml from the Xmlspawner/Spawns folder. It is an animated boulder that rolls. You can control the speed of the boulder through the Xmlspawner ;)

That boulder.xml doesnt work for me.
Load the boulder.xml from the Xmlspawner/Spawns folder. It is an animated boulder that rolls. You can control the speed of the boulder through the Xmlspawner ;)

The rock doesnt spawn, if i press the greenball to force the spawn it ''works'' once, i have to press the green spawn ball again to force it, i also get an error ''GETONSPAWN,1, :''

Arte said something about change the next actions;

If i change
IF/GETONSPAWN,1,X2363/22
to
IF/GETONSPAWN,1,>X2363/22

I get errors too, so i dont know :)

This is the thread link:

http://www.uoroleplay.com/resources/XMLSpawner/XML_Spawner_Unzipped/xmlspawner.15.forumer.com/XML Spawner/xmlspawner.15.forumer.com/a/moving-indiana-jones-boulder_post857.html

GETONSPAWN,1,y/33 gives me the problem

Attachments

• boulderrrrrrrr.png
    boulderrrrrrrr.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Right, sorry, I forgot the default boulder.xml doesn't work properly. This is what had to be done in order to get it working every time:
Code:
Locked 1. cat
Locked 2. dog
Locked 3. goat
4. SETONTHIS/BasePriority/3/FreeRun/True
5. Static,4534/Name/Crusher/Y/1590/X/6421/Z/0/
6. SOUND,541,20
7. GOTO/1
8. IF/GETONSPAWN,1,Y<1570/5
9. SETONSPAWN,1/OFFSET,0,-1,0
10. IF/GETONTRIGMOB,x=GETONSPAWN,1,x { GETONTRIGMOB,y=GETONSPAWN,1,y/6
11. GOTO/1
12. SETONTHIS/DoReset/True/Running/True/
13. SETONTRIGMOB/MSG/You've been Crushed!!/DAMAGE,5000,10
14. SETONTHIS/DoReset/True/Running/True/
Apparently, adding the three locked entries is what fixed it. No clue as to why though :|

Hmm...did you set this up on a brand new Xmlspawner or did you use an existing one to make the changes?
Try a brand new one if you didn't.

AH!
Heh, now I remember, change the coords you see in the spawn entries to match where you are standing. The Xmlspawner is looking for a mob at those coords, within that range, but if it's not in the right place to begin with, it throws this error.

Try this spawn file:

Do XmlLoadHere Boulder.xml
It requires a TriggerOnCarried (The Golden Idol), so take any item and change the name to The Golden Idol. Reset the Xmlspawner and then turn it On. Set yourself as a player, carrying The Golden Idol item and it should trigger the stone...FYI, the stone WILL KILL YOU if it hits you! Lol

Attachments

• boulder.xml
    2.7 KB · Views: 3
Thanks im going to try

And no, it wont because my char has 5001 hp :cool:

Edit, do i have to change coords or something? no errors now, i just dont see the rock,sound plays and all that. i also get the msg about to get crush.

Last edited:
Back