Hey guys,

I was wondering since yesterday about this. When you [Props an NPC, and his Karma is a negative value, his name isn't necessarily Red. Is there a reason for that?

I've used the [Add command or the xml spawning files and i encounter monsters who should be Red because of their Karma.

Hey guys,

I was wondering since yesterday about this. When you [Props an NPC, and his Karma is a negative value, his name isn't necessarily Red. Is there a reason for that?

I've used the [Add command or the xml spawning files and i encounter monsters who should be Red because of their Karma.
If an NPC should be red, but isn't, just add a murder count to them. If you're using XmlSpawner, it's as easy as adding /Kills/10. It could really be any number you want, just make sure it's on Kills and not TemporaryKills, which fade over time.

This is probably due to coding. I came over from Sphere, so i'm not used to OSI like functionality.

Thank you both.

EDIT : Yes, in sphere, the NPC names are altered with Karma for NPC and Kills for Players.

Ahh, I have not used sphere in more than a decade so have no idea for most of its function :)

You can also overide the Always Murderer bool in BaseCreature if you are creating a new script by adding this:

Code:
public override bool AlwaysMurderer{ get{ return true; } }

However, if you are just creating the mobile in game then you can just change the murders to 5 more more like has been suggested.

Yeah, sphere had/has it's own way of doing. Gotta learn ServUO's way of doing. Going pretty good yet.

The [xmlload Spawns only seems to spawn trammel tho. You need to manually do [xmlload Spawns/mapspawns.xml commands to fill every maps.

Still, i found some duplicates in some maps (like quest givers, etc). I might spend some time looking at the xml files.

The duplicate questgivers is a known issue. It is fixed in my local copy and will be upload in a few days along with a few other things.

No idea why spawns weren't working as intended for you. Are you on a windows system? I know there are path issues in *nix as paths are case sensitive.

I'm using Windows 10, latest UO HS Classic Client, latest ServUO repo, same command as shown in a tutorial video ([creatworld, [xmlload Spawns).

The only issue i had was the xmlload. I had to [xmlload Spawns/felucca.xml, and so on for the 5 other maps. Only trammel had been spawned with the [xmlload Spawns command.

EDIT: Client is patched, i'm using UOSteam to launch it.

That is an odd one, not that big of a deal though!

I just made a commit that will stop the duplicate quest mob spawns.

I know, it's just not very userfriendly to type all of the files individually, still works so not a game breaking bug ;)

As for the commit, thanks i'll look it up.

I know, it's just not very userfriendly to type all of the files individually, still works so not a game breaking bug ;)

As for the commit, thanks i'll look it up.

It's just you are the first that I have heard of that has that issue. I just tried myself and it worked as was intended.

Okay, i just redid a whole creation of a shard. I know what made me think that the xmlload didn't spawn all maps.

At the end of the [xmlload Spawns, there is a message saying :

Resolving spawner self references 2585 spawner(s) were created from file Spawns\trammel.xml [Trammel=2585, Felucca=0, Ilshenar=0, Malas=0, Tokuno=0, Other=0].
Loaded a total of 6 .xml files and 6370 spawners from directory Spawns

I saw while it was spawning, all the maps (felucca, malas and so on). When i saw the report last time, i tried to simply do [xmlload Spawns/felucca.xml and the same kind of report was showing the Felucca=*amount of spawn* correctly.

Is it working as intended?

I thought i was going nuts to see a total of spawned npc's to be 6370, but only 2585 spawned in Trammel.

Glad to be sure i am not.

Back